Forums > Max For Live

Ignore click but still be mappable ?

April 27, 2014 | 8:54 am

If i select "ignore click" for a parameter, i am no longer able to map it to MIDI or Keystrokes. Am i missing something ?

April 27, 2014 | 10:53 am

Does this resolve your concerns?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

April 27, 2014 | 11:08 am

Sorry, i should have been more specific. I’m talking about a m4l device, and the way i can map GUI elements (buttons in this case) with live’s mapping system. Whenever you select ‘ignore click’ i can’t map it in live.

April 27, 2014 | 11:40 am

You mean you want a live.button that is visible and mappable but not clickable?

April 27, 2014 | 3:29 pm

Exactly !
The reason is : live.button is a bit weird when mapped to a midi note. The only way to have it outputting a bang on note on only is to set it to output a bang on transition to both zero>one and one>zero. But then, when you click it with the mouse, it sends 2 bangs.
That’s really annoying, since i have to always put 2 buttons : 1 regular button for mouse action and 1 live.button for live mapping.

April 28, 2014 | 7:22 am

Yes, that is annoying, and I’ve never understood why live.button can’t also be mappable when it’s not in ‘both’ mode. Maybe you should submit a feature request? For now, though, the only thing I can think of other than your solution is to filter out bangs that come too soon after the previous bang, but admittedly that’s not an ideal fix.

April 28, 2014 | 8:45 am

Ok ! Maybe it’s feature request time (i seem to be not alone to be bothered by live.button).
Filtering bangs is a good idea, thank you !

April 28, 2014 | 12:12 pm

feature request for sure :)

but for a fix, if you know there’s always nothing but 2 bangs coming from live.button at a time, instead of trying to filter by timing, ‘zl group’ is nice too:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)