Forums > Jitter

iidc_state for stereoscopic cam

October 29, 2007 | 5:00 pm

Hi, I’ve got a point grey bumblebee hooked up to my computer and it seems I can get it to switch between the two cameras by changing the pan val to less than or greater to 1. Is there a way to set the jit.grab object to read both at the same time? I’m not too familiar with iidc.

October 29, 2007 | 8:04 pm

hi andrew , i understand you solved your problem
if u can ,please post your impressions of the bumblebee

On 10/29/07, Andrew Roth wrote:
>
>
> Hi, I’ve got a point grey bumblebee hooked up to my computer and it seems
> I can get it to switch between the two cameras by changing the pan val to
> less than or greater to 1. Is there a way to set the jit.grab object to
> read both at the same time? I’m not too familiar with iidc.
>

October 29, 2007 | 9:16 pm

Hi, I haven’t solved my problem with it yet. I’m still stuck trying to figure out a way to initialize both cameras at once. All I’ve discovered is that I can toggle between the two within the same jit.qt.grab object by changing the ‘iidc_state pan val’ to 0 or 1. Maybe I’m just tired but initializing jit.qt.grab with @iidc_state pan val 0 gives me a max error saying it’s not a valid arguement. I think my structure for that is wrong but I don’t know what it should be instead.

The only lead I have is the product manual that says "The Bumblebee2 can be configured to output images from both sensors at the same time as pixel (byte)
interleaved stereo pairs using Format_7. Pixel interleaved images use a raw 16bit/pixel format, where the
first byte is from the left camera and the second from the right."

What would the Mac OS/ Mac equivalent of Format_7 be? Can I use Max to force an interleaved image and then jit.demultiplex it? Or maybe am I just missing an argument in jit.demultiplex (becasue it only seems to read one source at a time)? I would really appreciate a hand with this. I knoe Jean Marc was working with PG cams but I never heard if he got them running.

http://www.ptgrey.com/support/downloads/documents/Bumblebee2%20Getting%20Started%20Manual.pdf

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)