Forums > MaxMSP

Images that trigger samples HELP!!

January 11, 2012 | 2:55 am

Urgent help needed ASAP!

Hi all, I wonder if someone could help me. I would like it so that an image (picture) triggers some samples I have. Basically i have a few images and few samples and i would like it that each image triggers the sample assigned to that particular image.

The idea is that the images are selected and displayed at random and when a images is selected, it triggers the sample assigned to that image for duration of the sample.
i.e. if the sample last for 6 seconds the image is displayed for 6 those second and so on and so on.

I hoped that makes sense to everyone, I’m a complete beginner to Max/MSP as you can probably tell.
But all and any help is greatly welcomed.THANK YOU

January 11, 2012 | 9:31 am

Have a look at the pictctrl object

January 11, 2012 | 11:07 am

From what you’ve said, you should be attacking it from the angle of randomly choosing a sample to play, and that sample triggers the image to pop up, not the other way around.

January 11, 2012 | 2:48 pm

Both thank you so much for replying. @Mushoo what you said seems logical but how would i go about doing that?

Again thank you both.

dtr
January 11, 2012 | 4:14 pm

How about you tell us what you tried? Then we can tell you if you’re in going the right direction. What you want is really easy. A perfect little task to get started with Max. But you’ll learn the most if you find out yourself.

Did you work through the tutorials? Checked out the help patches of key objects like sfplay, jit.matrix and jit.qt.movie? You should be on your way quickly if you do.

And don’t forget the search function on this forum. Thousands of beginners passed here before you…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)