Forums > Jitter

including audio in video crossfader

December 26, 2010 | 4:01 pm

I’m trying to create a crossfader that is effected by colour tracking of a live video feed. Recently i stumbled across a problem. The audio does not gradually crossfade to match the video… Arghhh. Because i’ve been using jitter mainly i haven’t got much experience with combining audio elements with video.
Does anybody know what i’m talking about and know how i might be able to solve this. I am using windows and the 2 audio tracks that im talking about are contained with both videos being crossfaded.

December 26, 2010 | 6:57 pm

it’s not enough to use the sound straight from jit.qt.movie or similar. in order to do audio processing in sync with jitter(simple crossfade between movies included), you’ll need to use spigot~, see helpfile. also when you do this, be patient. spigot~ does not always work as you’d expect due to recent Quicktime changes(but you can often find the right setup to get it working… again, see helpfile for spigot~).
You could also try simply ramping volume down on jit.qt.movie while ramping volume up on the other(using jitter messages like "vol $1"), but this might not be as effective(if you’re outputting/triggering frames using a deferred queue(qmetro, etc.), the volume control might not be as smooth).

Hope it helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)