influence replace folder

Jul 6, 2012 at 8:17am

influence replace folder

hey guys,
can one influence the folder which opens when pushing ‘replace’ for replacing a sample in a buffer?
i don’t want to load a single file i want first to choose out of different files of a certain folder.
in the worst case i have to click 5 or 6 time till i’m in the right folder when pushing ‘replace’ and i wonder if there is a faster way to get access to a certain sample-files folder.
thanx
Peer

Jul 6, 2012 at 8:41am

I think not, as it is dealt with by the system. It might be possible to do something with the opendialog and filepath objects. The opendialog could replace the built-in replace function of buffer~, and with filepath, the most recent path could be set to the default. I couldn’t really test this on my system, as I have been using for over a decade the system extension Default Folder for mac. This adds the functionality of remembering where you’ve been, and it does that in a really smart way. It has by now saved me about 2,034,238,434 mouse clicks, or maybe a few less.

Jul 6, 2012 at 12:59pm

Amen to Default Folder – along with CopyPaste, which I’ve been also using since System 7.x, the most indispensable Mac utility there is. Should be written into the OS.
You can always populate a folder with samples from a folder, to save your wrist. You can also use filepath to set the folder for that menu, which will then be remembered.
I’m not at a Max machine right now, but the [folder] and [filepath] help patches should get you there,
Cheers
Roger
Cheers
Roger

Jul 6, 2012 at 1:07pm

…like this:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Cheers
Roger

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:12pm

damn Roger…this works great !!! thanx so much…..very cool…..

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:23pm

hey roger,
sorry for my question again…but isn’t this enough (please have a look at the subpatcher)? did u add these other things just for checking?
thanx again

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:34pm

Maybe something like this?

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:25pm

thanx guys…roger’s patch is really what i was looking for and i got the point of the ‘filepath’ object in his subpatcher. if i choose anything else than a ‘search 0′ i can even determine automatically my search path in the file preferences…..
cool, cool…
thanx also alersito for your patcher.

cheers
Peer

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.