Forums > Jitter

intel Macs – patch problems?

July 12, 2006 | 2:34 pm


July 12, 2006 | 9:12 pm

On 12-Jul-2006, at 16:34, Steven H. Silberg wrote:
> It relies heavily on fiddle~, OpenSoundControl, and otudp.

You will almost certainly need to run on Max/MSP 4.6 and the UB Jitter.

Michael Z. is, I understand, working on OSC.
otudp is, I understand being superceded by new objects bundled with Max
I have no idea whether anyone is porting fiddle~ to UB.

Intel sounds dicey to me. I’d pester your curator.

– P.

————– http://www.bek.no/~pcastine/Litter/ ————-
Peter Castine +–> Litter Power & Litter Bundle for Jitter
Universal Binaries on the way
iCE: Sequencing, Recording &
Interface Building for |home | chez nous|
Max/MSP Extremely cool |bei uns | i nostri|
http://www.dspaudio.com/ http://www.castine.de


July 12, 2006 | 10:35 pm

Peter Castine wrote:

> I have no idea whether anyone is porting fiddle~ to UB.

I could do that in case nobody else is working on it. – Will probably do
so tomorrow…

Olaf


July 12, 2006 | 11:42 pm

On 12 Jul 2006, at 23:12, Peter Castine wrote:

> otudp is, I understand being superceded by new objects bundled with
> Max

I also have an OSC suite written for MXJ which might be useful at a
pinch…

– N.

nick rothwell — composition, systems, performance — http://
http://www.cassiel.com


July 13, 2006 | 5:07 am

Olaf Matthes wrote:
> Peter Castine wrote:
>
>> I have no idea whether anyone is porting fiddle~ to UB.
>
> I could do that in case nobody else is working on it. – Will probably do
> so tomorrow…

Sounds promising, and as you are at it, do you think it would be hard to
make a pfft~ version of fiddle~ that would take the already converted
real and imaginary signals inside a pfft~ to do its analysis? (That
could save some CPU cycles I guess)

I was looking for the source code for the Max version of fiddle~ but
never found it…

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com


July 13, 2006 | 9:10 am

Stefan Tiedje wrote:
> Olaf Matthes wrote:
>
>> Peter Castine wrote:
>>
>>> I have no idea whether anyone is porting fiddle~ to UB.
>>
>>
>> I could do that in case nobody else is working on it. – Will probably
>> do so tomorrow…

Okay, here it is:

http://www.akustische-kunst.org/maxmsp/download/fiddle~1.2-intel.sit

Due to the lack of an Intel Mac only tested on a G4….

> Sounds promising, and as you are at it, do you think it would be hard to
> make a pfft~ version of fiddle~ that would take the already converted
> real and imaginary signals inside a pfft~ to do its analysis?

Not really sure about that. There is some stuff done to the signal
before it is sent to the FFT, so unless you rebuild that in Max it won’t
work.

> I was looking for the source code for the Max version of fiddle~ but
> never found it…

Just download the sourcecode for Pd, it has fiddle~ sources included
that compile on Pd, Max/MSP and jMax. The FFT file is in pd/src and is
called fftroutine, I think.

Olaf


July 13, 2006 | 10:00 pm

Olaf Matthes wrote:
> Not really sure about that. There is some stuff done to the signal
> before it is sent to the FFT, so unless you rebuild that in Max it won’t
> work.

Ah, good to know – makes sense…

> Just download the sourcecode for Pd, it has fiddle~ sources included
> that compile on Pd, Max/MSP and jMax. The FFT file is in pd/src and is
> called fftroutine, I think.

Thanks for the hint, I always though only flext could do cross
max-family compilation. But I didn’t look into it yet at all…

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com


July 18, 2006 | 5:11 pm


July 19, 2006 | 8:11 am

On 18 Jul 2006, at 19:11, Steven H. Silberg wrote:

> (reminder. 2 intel mac minis connected through ethernet hub.
> currently using OSC and otudp for the machines to talk to each other)

Hub or switch? And what speed?

At what frequency are you generating UDP packets and how big are they?

– N.

nick rothwell — composition, systems, performance — http://
http://www.cassiel.com


July 23, 2006 | 12:35 am

nick,

thanks for your response. Things fell into place and it is up and running.

to answer your questions incase you had a thought that would help in the future.

Hub – 10/100
8-10 packets per sec
1024 or smaller

thanks again

Nick Rothwell wrote:
On 18 Jul 2006, at 19:11, Steven H. Silberg wrote:

> (reminder. 2 intel mac minis connected through ethernet hub.
> currently using OSC and otudp for the machines to talk to each other)

Hub or switch? And what speed?

At what frequency are you generating UDP packets and how big are they?

— N.

nick rothwell — composition, systems, performance — http://
http://www.cassiel.com


check out my newest project and lend a hand (well a foot or two, really): http://www.shsarts.com/shoes
(now flavored with MySpace – http://www.myspace.com/shoe_project)

"I’ve never left the analog world, because there are processes unique to it that are not transferable to the digital world. I use them both."
– Gordon Mumma
———————–
Steven H. Silberg – light_painter@yahoo.com
AIM: Nsurface

http://www.shsarts.com

———————————
Groups are talking. We


Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)