Forums > MaxMSP

Interactive Environment: Nostalgic

October 23, 2012 | 7:47 pm

hello all, this is my first post on the forums! im a student at ASU, and im currently working on a patch that will allow the user to enter there age, and it will open up a corresponding track along with several photos that will bring up nostalgic memories. In the background, the iSight or webcam will be taking pictures of the users face. My main concern is the drop boxes for the ages. Im not an experienced MAX user, but I have great ambitions to complete this project at a higher level than my skills. Any help or conversation about this topic would be great help!

dtr
October 24, 2012 | 6:45 am

drop box as in the [umenu] object?

October 24, 2012 | 10:20 am

Here you go with the umenu option

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

October 24, 2012 | 8:26 pm

Wow! that was EXACTLY what I was looking for! now that I have the umenu, I have the dates I need. My problem is, I have the numbers I need for the years, but I don’t understand the process on how you got them in there? If you could explain a bit more with that I think my project will be a go!

October 24, 2012 | 8:33 pm

I think [Coll] would be helpful, as i need to the program to remember there age from three separate [umenus] and then open up a certain audio file and images when there age is entered.

October 25, 2012 | 12:35 pm

basically what I did was print the list of numbers in the max window. On the top side you enter a number and then slide up. Result: in the print window you get the list of numbers. You copy that list and with search/ replace you remove the print: part. Then you have a comma-separated list that you paste in the info of the umenu. With the three umenus, I suppose that you are asking for day, month, year right? But only the year really matter to control the playback and photos?

October 26, 2012 | 10:38 pm

ahhh! that makes more sense. ill see what I can do, and get back to you with more questions! thank you for being so helpful and respectful.

October 29, 2012 | 12:00 am

So I have my Umenus set now. So for each year, How do I correspond a bang too it?

October 29, 2012 | 2:00 pm

The output from the umenu goes to a command for the sfplay~object. YOu need to name your soundfiles 1901, 1902, …

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)