"invalid inlet number" for matrix~ ?

Jan 1, 2007 at 7:38am

"invalid inlet number" for matrix~ ?

The max window in my patch keeps showing “invalid inlet number” when I send a message to connect input (from inlet 11, 12…and more) and output of matrix~. The error message does not happen when I use other inlets before 11. However,the signal does connect well even though the Max window keeps showing the error message. I checked the dump data, and everything is OK.

I tried to save the matrix~ subpatch as an independent patch, then the error message disappears. I was wondering what situation will make matrix~ show “invalid inlet number” message. Is it related to the CPU consumption of my whole patch ?

I am sure I did not send error message command to matrix~ since all the signals are connected as my message commands requested.

Any ideas about why the error message keeps showing ?
I am using Intel-Mac, Max/MSP 4.6

Thanks.

Jan 19, 2009 at 7:33am

Sorry to dredge this up, but it states a problem I’m having exactly and can’t quite figure what the problem is. Do you have to manipulate [matrixctrl] output in any way, or can it be fed directly into [matrix~]?

Thanks,
brian

Jan 19, 2009 at 8:45am

BTW, I am using [pattrforward] to take the output from [matrixcntrl] and get it to [matrix~] in a sub-patcher. From trial-and-error, it seems like this error is somehow related to one of the pattr’s (?)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.