IRIN DL solved

Apr 12, 2006 at 3:57pm

IRIN DL solved

For some strange reason, my server doesn’t like .sitx files.
I replaced it with a .zip file, and now dl is available.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you all, for your comments and alerts!

Cheers,

Carlos

#25385
Apr 12, 2006 at 4:06pm

Wowww. It looks great. Can’t wait for a windows version…

f.e

#74700
Apr 12, 2006 at 4:43pm

Yes, please let us know when a windows version
is available.

Thanks,
Anthony

#74701
Apr 12, 2006 at 6:57pm

Carlos:

D/L’d successfully, but cannot get it to launch – it bounces once in
the dock, then stops. In the Console, I see that “Launch failed with
error code -2857 (cfragCFragRsrcErr)”.

I’m on a G5 with OS 10.4.6

Ideas?

Dan


Dan Nigrin
Defective Records
202 Hack / PC-1600 User / VSTi Host / OMS Convert / Jack OS X
http://www.defectiverecords.com

http://www.jackosx.com

#74702
Apr 13, 2006 at 10:08am

Hi,

That’s strange. IRIN opens perfectly in my machine (iMacG5, MacOx10.4.6).
Before trying any fix, tell me:

Do you have Max/MSP installed, if so, is it version 4.5.7? for some strange reason MAX standalones are not a fully_self_contained app. If there’s a Cycling74 folder inside /library/application support, this folder will override the correspondent one inside the standalone app. If that one is older than the one from the standalone, it will cause problems.

Did you upgrade to MacOx10.4.6 via automatic updater (apple menu)?
As reported in the Max forum, this method is causing problems to Max and standalones. You should use the MacOsXCombo updater(http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1046com boforppc.html)

Regards,
Carlos

cfragCFragRsrcErr -2857 ‘cfrg’ resource could not be loaded.
(http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Reference/C ode_Fragment_Manager/Reference/reference.html)

Error description in apple’s site. Too much for me, I’m just a Max user, not a real programmer…Perhaps you understand it (?)

#74703
Apr 13, 2006 at 1:49pm

At 4:08 AM -0600 4/13/06, carlosccaires wrote:
>Hi,
>
>That’s strange. IRIN opens perfectly in my machine (iMacG5, MacOx10.4.6).
>Before trying any fix, tell me:
>
>Do you have Max/MSP installed, if so, is it version 4.5.7?

Yes. But here is what I did; when you FIRST announced your site, I
managed to successfully download your software then. At that point,
I was still on 4.5.6. The next day, I upgraded to 4.5.7. I then
downloaded your new version. And now I cannot open your new version.
I trashed the IRIN prefs that I found, but that did not help.

>for some strange reason MAX standalones are not a
>fully_self_contained app. If there’s a Cycling74 folder inside
>/library/application support, this folder will override the
>correspondent one inside the standalone app. If that one is older
>than the one from the standalone, it will cause problems.

See above. I am now on 4.5.7, so shouldn’t be a problem?

>Did you upgrade to MacOx10.4.6 via automatic updater (apple menu)?
>As reported in the Max forum, this method is causing problems to Max
>and standalones. You should use the MacOsXCombo
>updater(http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1046co m
>boforppc.html)

No, I used the Combo updater. To be fully sure, I just re-applied
the Combo updater – no change.

>Regards,
>Carlos
>
>
>cfragCFragRsrcErr -2857 ‘cfrg’ resource could not be loaded.
> (http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Reference/C
>ode_Fragment_Manager/Reference/reference.html)
>
>Error description in apple’s site. Too much for me, I’m
>just a Max user, not a real programmer…Perhaps you understand
>it (?)

Afraid not!

One thing that I noticed – when I unzip the IRIN.zip, there seem to
be lots of files with “.1″ added to their end – for example, there is
a “DemoFile”, and then a “DemoFile.1″. Likewise, many of the files
in the subfolders have this also.

Perhaps there’s something wrong with the .zip??

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Nigrin
Defective Records
202 Hack / PC-1600 User / VSTi Host / OMS Convert / Jack OS X
http://www.defectiverecords.com

http://www.jackosx.com

#74704
Apr 13, 2006 at 4:07pm

That’s weird dan, in my Mac the file unzips Ok. Do You have the latest unzip software (I used version 10.0.1 alladyn dropstuff)?

#74705
Apr 13, 2006 at 4:37pm

I’m just using the built in Mac’s zip ability. I’ve been extremely
unsattisfied with Stuffit for a few years now, and it seems as though
they screw things up more and more with each new release.

Can you take your good source folder, ctrl-click on it, and select
“Create Archive”? That should make a .zip of it, using the Mac’s
built in functions – then you could either e-mail that to me, or post
on your site?

Thanks!

Dan

At 10:07 AM -0600 4/13/06, carlosccaires wrote:
>That’s weird dan, in my Mac the file unzips Ok. Do You have the
>latest unzip software (I used version 10.0.1 alladyn dropstuff)?


Dan Nigrin
Defective Records
202 Hack / PC-1600 User / VSTi Host / OMS Convert / Jack OS X
http://www.defectiverecords.com

http://www.jackosx.com

#74706
Apr 13, 2006 at 6:24pm

#74707
Apr 13, 2006 at 6:53pm

Merci Laurent ;-)

#74708
Apr 13, 2006 at 6:59pm

The error message seems to indicate that the Code Fragment Manager is
looking for information stored in a Classic Mac OS Resource Fork.
Between that and

> One thing that I noticed – when I unzip the IRIN.zip, there seem to
> be lots of files with “.1″ added to their end – for example, there
> is a “DemoFile”, and then a “DemoFile.1″.

it sounds like IRIN.zip was doing something with zipping resource
forks that is incompatible with the way your unzip program expects
resource forks to be zipped.

In the year 2006 this should not be a problem anymore. StuffIt
handled this stuff absolutely reliably 20 years ago. But this doesn’t
get you any further. I would suggest that Carlos try using the Mac OS
“Create Archive” command (from the Context Menu for documents).

> At 9:57 AM -0600 4/12/06, carlosccaires wrote:
>
>> For some strange reason, my server doesn’t like .sitx files.

Another wild guess: perhaps your server doesn’t have a MIME type
associated with the .sitx suffix. There are solutions to this
problem, but they also depend of fiddling with files that most people
aren’t even allowed to see, let alone modify. A Unix Guru might be
able to help you.

– Good luck,
Peter

————– http://www.bek.no/~pcastine/Litter/ ————-
Peter Castine +–> Litter Power & Litter Bundle for Jitter

iCE: Sequencing, Recording & |home | chez nous|
Interface Building for |bei uns | i nostri|
Max/MSP Extremely cool http://www.castine.de

http://www.dspaudio.com/

#74709
Apr 13, 2006 at 7:08pm

This in fact did work (Carlos e-mailed me off list). The .zip that
is at this moment on his site is the Mac OS created one, and it works
fine. Like I said, Stuffit has gone to h*ll.

Best,
DAn


Dan Nigrin
Defective Records
202 Hack / PC-1600 User / VSTi Host / OMS Convert / Jack OS X
http://www.defectiverecords.com

http://www.jackosx.com

#74710

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.