is it possible to change the z' position of camera in ortho 1?

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:31pm

is it possible to change the z' position of camera in ortho 1?

hi,
maybe a stupid question but is it possible to change the position of objects or camera according to z axis when you are in ortho 1 ?
I would like to avoid perspective deformation, so I won’t use ortho0, but I can not change the z position of my camera object…

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

thx

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:44pm

you can use the @lens_angle attribute for a similar effect as changing the Z axis position in ortho mode 1.

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:00pm

thanks-
I use jit.anim.path to make really nice 3d camera trajectories… so it would have been so nice if it could directly work with the position data ;)

Is it a non-sens to talk of z position when you are in othographic perspective ?

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:22am

if you want things to change size based on distance from the camera, you must disable ortho mode.
what are you trying to achieve with an ortho view?

Feb 9, 2013 at 3:35pm

I just want to avoid the deformation due to the “lens “ortho 0- I suppose I can adapt the lens-angle and the scale of my objects to decrease this kind of deformation.
Right away, max6 new objects are really incredible !! you can render a 3d scene in real time, with cool 3d camera trajectory, the animation of .dae is really impressive, requires very little bit of cpu…I just wait for the animation of models with matrixoutput 1 to do morphings of animated models :)
bien travaillé les gars ;)

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:20pm

I just wait for the animation of models with matrixoutput 1 to do morphings of animated models :)
bien travaillé les gars ;)

next update :)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.