Forums > Jitter

Is it possible to use PhotoBooth video FX with Jitter???

May 10, 2007 | 2:19 am

Is it possible to use the Video FX from photo booth in jitter. I am aiming at running 4 live feeds all with separate FX then crossfading between. How would i do this?

Thanks All


May 10, 2007 | 2:30 am

>Is it possible to use the Video FX from photo booth in jitter. I am
>aiming at running 4 live feeds all with separate FX then crossfading
>between. How would i do this?

If you mean the Apple application PhotoBooth, then it’s not possible. Perhaps
you might want to investigate the various filters that Jitter
provides [and, I suppose,
have a look at what Freeframe stuff is out there, too] to see if
Jitter might not
already have what you need.

on the floor there’s a long wooden table/on the table there’s an open book/
on the page there’s a detailed drawing/and on the drawing is the name I took
Gregory Taylor http://www.rtqe.net


May 10, 2007 | 2:42 am

On May 9, 2007, at 7:30 PM, Gregory Taylor wrote:

>> Is it possible to use the Video FX from photo booth in jitter. I
>> am aiming at running 4 live feeds all with separate FX then
>> crossfading between. How would i do this?
>
> If you mean the Apple application PhotoBooth, then it’s not possible.

For the most part, I think Photobooth just uses Apple ImageUnits.
Check out jit.gl.imageunit -> jit.gl.videoplane using alpha channel
for blending between sources.

-Joshua


May 10, 2007 | 2:49 am

>For the most part, I think Photobooth just uses Apple ImageUnits.
>Check out jit.gl.imageunit -> jit.gl.videoplane using alpha channel
>for blending between sources.

ImageUnits! Wow – good cal, Joshua.

on the floor there’s a long wooden table/on the table there’s an open book/
on the page there’s a detailed drawing/and on the drawing is the name I took
Gregory Taylor http://www.rtqe.net


May 10, 2007 | 4:53 am

I think it is possible, since photobooth uses GPU effects and jou can
use the jit.imageunit to get these effects.
but by defenition it is not using photobooth

On 10 May 2007, at 04:30, Gregory Taylor wrote:

>> Is it possible to use the Video FX from photo booth in jitter. I
>> am aiming at running 4 live feeds all with separate FX then
>> crossfading between. How would i do this?
>
> If you mean the Apple application PhotoBooth, then it’s not
> possible. Perhaps
> you might want to investigate the various filters that Jitter
> provides [and, I suppose,
> have a look at what Freeframe stuff is out there, too] to see if
> Jitter might not
> already have what you need.
> —
> on the floor there’s a long wooden table/on the table there’s an
> open book/
> on the page there’s a detailed drawing/and on the drawing is the
> name I took
> Gregory Taylor http://www.rtqe.net
>


May 10, 2007 | 5:07 pm

Remember too as last resort, you can usually use jit.desktop to get
nearly anything displayable *into* jitter for analysis/filtering/etc.

Controlling an outside app *from* max is another story (although
seems to me I’ve read mention of AppleScript approaches to generating
mouse/keyboard events from max sent into other apps? or no?)

-Matt

On May 10, 2007, at 12:53 AM, Pieter Coussement wrote:

> I think it is possible, since photobooth uses GPU effects and jou
> can use the jit.imageunit to get these effects.
> but by defenition it is not using photobooth
>
> On 10 May 2007, at 04:30, Gregory Taylor wrote:
>
>>> Is it possible to use the Video FX from photo booth in jitter. I
>>> am aiming at running 4 live feeds all with separate FX then
>>> crossfading between. How would i do this?
>>
>> If you mean the Apple application PhotoBooth, then it’s not
>> possible. Perhaps
>> you might want to investigate the various filters that Jitter
>> provides [and, I suppose,
>> have a look at what Freeframe stuff is out there, too] to see if
>> Jitter might not
>> already have what you need.


Matthew Lewis
Advanced Computing Center for the Arts and Design (ACCAD)
The Ohio State University

http://accad.osu.edu/~mlewis


December 17, 2013 | 2:09 am

what about windows? i have no such object as imageunit. the background effect what intrests me the most. already found jit.chromakey but im not sure if that’s the best solution.



Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)