Forums > Java

is there a xcode project for jitter-java externals?

May 16, 2007 | 4:15 pm

Hello,

for normal Max java externals there is the helloworld XCode project. Is there something equivalent for Jitter? Ther jitter.jar is not linked to the helloworld …..

Is that not provided with the Jitter-stuff? for max the XCode project was also provided ….

thanks for your help

best


May 17, 2007 | 12:11 am

On May 16, 2007, at 9:15 AM, Steff wrote:

> for normal Max java externals there is the helloworld XCode
> project. Is there something equivalent for Jitter? Ther jitter.jar
> is not linked to the helloworld …..
>
> Is that not provided with the Jitter-stuff? for max the XCode
> project was also provided ….

No. It is not provided. Please feel free to roll your own if you wish
to (trivial modification to that project, no?).

Don’t overlook that you can also compile with the integrated compiler
in mxj~ without any special project if you like.

-Joshua


May 17, 2007 | 4:08 am

i sent a base project to the list this morning with some instructions
on how to modify for jitter
but the moderator needs to approve the post since the attachment is
over the limit.
josh is right though. basically set up a normal java xcode project
and add max.jar and jitter.jar.
t

On May 16, 2007, at 17:11 PM, Joshua Kit Clayton wrote:

>
> On May 16, 2007, at 9:15 AM, Steff wrote:
>
>> for normal Max java externals there is the helloworld XCode
>> project. Is there something equivalent for Jitter? Ther jitter.jar
>> is not linked to the helloworld …..
>>
>> Is that not provided with the Jitter-stuff? for max the XCode
>> project was also provided ….
>
> No. It is not provided. Please feel free to roll your own if you
> wish to (trivial modification to that project, no?).
>
> Don’t overlook that you can also compile with the integrated
> compiler in mxj~ without any special project if you like.
>
> -Joshua


May 17, 2007 | 7:53 am

Thanks for your reply.

> No. It is not provided. Please feel free to roll your own if you wish
> to (trivial modification to that project, no?).
>
>
> -Joshua
>

it might be trivial for a lot of people, but not for everybody. One could spend his/her time with more useful things than trying to get the jitter.jar loaded in the correct way …

the integrated compiler – I am not a programmer, I just implement the functionality I want – for my convenience – so I am more compelled to use tools (like XCode) that provide a certain level of convenience ….. milage varies ….

I got it working though ….. so thanks anyways ……

best


May 17, 2007 | 3:56 pm

On May 17, 2007, at 12:54 AM, Steff wrote:

> One could spend his/her time with more useful things than trying to
> get the jitter.jar loaded in the correct way …
>
> I got it working though ….. so thanks anyways ……

Glad to hear you’ve learned how to do something *very* useful. Now
you know how to integrate other JARs when you want them in the future.

-Joshua


Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)