Forums > MaxMSP

itable

March 8, 2010 | 11:28 pm

Hi all,

i’m having problems in using a [slider] to feed data to a table the way i want… here’s what i’d like to do:

If the [slider] values are low i want the first "x" values to be high, and the last to be low.
if the [slider] values are high then the last "x" values should be high, and the first low.
I’d like everything not to be too harsh, and proportionate to the values, but i really don’t know how to start…
I’ve built a patch, but it’s really terrible. It’s based on [split] and [!-] and [pack], but believe me, you would not want to see it! ahahah.
hope i’ve been clear.

(any tip?)

thanks!

March 9, 2010 | 12:40 pm

There are some basic math functions in the jit.displays help file, they might give some ideas.

Another way is to use [pattr] for your two "extreme" states: just draw them in carefully and store them, then use the slider to interpolate between those states. (you’ll need to use [scale] on the slider output)

March 9, 2010 | 12:41 pm

There are some basic math functions in the jit.displays help file, they might give some ideas… it’s a fun patch to mess with anyways.

Another way is to use [pattr] for your two "extreme" states: just draw them in carefully and store them, then use the slider to interpolate between those states. (you’ll need to use [scale] on the slider output)

March 9, 2010 | 1:20 pm

thanks seejayjames,
i’ll check that out.
right now i’ve done a very basic patch. not so elegant, but at least usefull ;-)

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

March 9, 2010 | 3:13 pm

Okay, I couldn’t let this just be left like that. It works fine, but that patch! :P. Hope this helps:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

March 9, 2010 | 7:06 pm

"Okay, I couldn’t let this just be left like that. It works fine, but that patch! "

AHAHAHAH, you are right! it was terrible, i knew!
thanks Bas, yours is soooo nicier!

cheers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)