Jamoma Auvi UserLib Module reacting strage

Aug 27, 2010 at 12:54am

Jamoma Auvi UserLib Module reacting strage

Hi everybody!
Today i had the idea to make my own jamoma modules out of all auvi objects.
But after i had completed my first module (au.curl) i recognized that the module is working, that means there is an effect but its not reacting correctly. When i move any slider something changes, but really only something.
I hope that someone can help me out, because in 2 weeks i need to have all modules finished, which i need for my vj application! its the first time that i send a patch this way i don`t know if the subpatches are also included. If not,please tell me!!
`

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Aug 27, 2010 at 2:09am

Hi everybody!
Today i had the idea to make my own jamoma modules out of all auvi objects.
But after i had completed my first module (au.curl) i recognized that the module is working, that means there is an effect but its not reacting correctly. When i move any slider something changes, but really only something.
I hope that someone can help me out, because in 2 weeks i need to have all modules finished, which i need for my vj application! its the first time that i send a patch this way i don`t know if the subpatches are also included. If not,please tell me!!

Aug 27, 2010 at 7:59am

Hi,

When copying patchs as text, subpatchers are included but not abstractions. So your jalg. is missing to test your module.

If that sounds like a Jamoma issue, do not hesitate to ask on the Jamoma User board : http://jamoma.org/forum.html

That said, I guess wraping the auvi objects as Jamoma modules is nice and could be a nice addition to the UserLib if you want. (for more info, see : http://redmine.jamoma.org/projects/jamoma/wiki/Setting_up_a_new_UserLib_with_GIT)

Best,
Julien

Aug 28, 2010 at 9:22am

Hi,

this sounds like an interesting project, and would make for a great UserLib addition to Jamoma. Please keep us informed about how it goes, and don’t hesitate asking questions for the Jamoma developer and users mailing-lists/forums that Julien provided the link for.

Cheers,
Trond

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:58pm

Hi,
sorry, i have been in slowakia this weekend, and found no internet connection.
But now here you`ve got my abstractions for this patch:

and here is the abstraction for my first LFO panel for the depth:

until now i havent found any solution for my problem. But i recognized, that when i move the slider for depth, every slider in the lfo subpatch is going crazy. and now im going to join the jamoma forum.
Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english.

greetings from austria,
andreas

Sep 1, 2010 at 11:09am

Hi Andreas,

Do not know if you found the origin of the problem. Here are few patching mistakes I noticed by comparing au object help patch and your module. Also, note that I never used these objects so forgive me if I am missing obvious things.

In jalg., it seems that the waveform parameter needs to be prepended with “wave”.

Also, it seems the preset parameter should be a string and not an integer as patched in your lfo subpatch.

I just had the time to give a quick look and did not check that all messages are correctly prepended etc. But I guess it could be good to check whether some little mistakes are left or not. As an advice, I think you should format messages related to lfo feature like ‘/lfo/wave’, ‘/lfo/depth’, etc. This would make debugging easier by cascading different jcom.oscroute objects (and also more conform with Jamoma guideline not to use ‘_’ in parameters name).

Hope this help
Best,
Julien

Sep 1, 2010 at 2:11pm

Thank you very much, julien
Youre right i forgot to give the waveform parameter the right prepend message. The preset parameter is set to string, dont know where you`ve seen that. For the rest i say just thank you, at the moment im very busy with other jobs and my baby, but i will focus on my auvi jamoma project the next days.

if i make a progress i will let you know immediatly!
Best, Andreas

Sep 1, 2010 at 6:51pm

My pleasure. Feel free to ask more information if need. By the way, sorry for not beeing clear enough concerning the preset parameter. I just meant that the umenu has the wrong outlet connected : left where it should be the middle one.

Best,
Julien

Sep 2, 2010 at 4:45am

Hi Andreas,

it might be of interest to you to hook up with Rocardo del Pozo. He mentioned the other day that he is working on Jamoma modules for auvi as well. He has also turned HC Giljes Video Projection Tool into Jamoma modules:

http://www.rdpozo.no/rdp/news/Entries/2010/8/26_VPT_development_for_Jamoma.html

Best,
Trond

Sep 2, 2010 at 3:55pm

i wanted to try if the size slider makes the same crazy things when i connect the lfo to it. and as i thought: yes. so the problem must be the jcom.parameter or the route object (i guess). So here is the latest version of my buggy module, if anybody has the time to have a look at it. i hope when this module is working i will have not so much problems with the other ones, otherwise it will take a long, long time to port all to jamoma.

Attachments:
  1. curl%.zip
Sep 4, 2010 at 8:23pm

got it!!!! i just changed all the integers to decimal.
I will share my modules as soon as possible, thanks for all!!!!!!

All the best,
Andreas

Sep 4, 2010 at 9:54pm

Glad you figured it out ! If you want your modules to be part of the UserLib, there are some info on Jamoma site but admittedly, they may be a bit spread. Until we have a clear tutorial (I’m on it), feel free to ask for more info.

Best,
Julien

Sep 4, 2010 at 11:42pm

Okay so here are the first two modules (curl, multate). Theres still one problem with the extent mode (changing the size), maybe somebody can give me a tipp, how to solve this problem.
Now after all this problems it goes very fast, so i think in one week i will be finished with the most.
Good night
andreas

Attachments:
  1. Archive.zip
Sep 6, 2010 at 7:15am

Hi Andreas. Saw your post on my site. Cant you give me your e-mail ? I would live to work together on this. I have some Ideas regarding how one could set up the modules. You find my e-mail on my site. Cheers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.