Forums > MIRA

Javascript JSUI to replace Matrixctrl for MIRA

October 5, 2013 | 3:01 am

Since Matrixctrl is not supported in MIRA, i was wondering whether anyone has created a JSUI approximation of matrixctrl for all those people who want to use a step sequencer with MIRA? A 16 x 8 matrix was what I was thinking with getrow / getcolumn input messages and list based output. Thought I’d check if anyone has made one before I make my own attempt.

October 5, 2013 | 4:18 pm

I’m not sure it will be of any use to you, but some time ago i made this :

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic/sharing-is-saving-pandas-something-like-a-floating-point-version-of-matrixctrl/

it’s an abstraction that creates a matrix of flonum instead of toggles. so it gives floating points. main version ranges between 0 and 1.
flonum are supported by mira, but in order to use it in mira you’ll have to tweak this because it’s supposed to be used inside a bpatcher, i don’t know if mira supports bpatchers.

October 6, 2013 | 1:25 am

Thanks a lot for this – elements of it may well be useful for what i’m trying to achieve. I discovered after posting that my JSUI idea won’t work, since JSUI isn’t supported in MIRA either. I assumed it was after using ejies ej.buffer object to display waveform~ in MIRA, but obviously the Javascript element just exists within max and the multislider object is used within the MIRA environment. I might try the mira.multitouch route for the step sequencer – similar to miranome.

Does anyone else have further suggestions about implementing a step sequencer in MIRA?

November 30, 2013 | 12:40 pm

live.grid is now supported, so you should be able to make a step sequencer with it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)