Forums > MaxMSP

jawbone bluetooth

April 21, 2008 | 5:05 pm

Hi,

I would like to use the Jawbone, a wireless bluetooth headset, as a microphone for a perfoming event and use the output of my mac laptop for the public who will listen the result of my max patch.

When I use the audio driver of the Jawbone: the only sound output is in the headset.
When I use the coreaudio built-in of the mac; the bluetooth input is available but I get something like "two aliens chating sound" who is pretty cool actually but not for the performance I want to do.

Any suggestion?

Mathieu

April 21, 2008 | 8:37 pm

Quote: mrcx@yahoo.com wrote on Mon, 21 April 2008 13:05
—————————————————-
> When I use the audio driver of the Jawbone: the only sound output is in the headset.

So in this situation sound input from the Jawbone works as desired, but you are just stuck with using the Jawbone for sound out? If this is the case and I’m not misunderstanding, then you should be able to make an aggregate audio device by opening Audio MIDI Setup and going to Audio>Open Aggregate Device Editor.

April 22, 2008 | 4:44 pm

Hi Roth,

thank a lot for your help.

Mathieu

April 26, 2008 | 11:31 am

Hi,

I thing the problem is that the Jawbone have a 8000hz samplig rate and the computer a 44100 hz rate. Is there any way in max/msp to convert 8000hz to 44000hz right after the adc~ input without causing "rate distorsion"?

thanks,

Mathieu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)