Forums > Dev

JGraphics Scrollbar

February 27, 2009 | 12:29 pm

I’m getting my feet wet with the JGraphics API and noticed that there is no predefined way to add a scroll bar.

Wouldn’t it be nice if there was an class for this? It could make 3rd party UI objects look consistent and similar to the DataView module. Additionally it could provide a standardized attribute interface to change the look of these things.

Is anyone aware of an open source ui lib which contains a good example for such a class? A code snippet from DataView would be very welcome of course. I have rolled my own in the past with javascript and opengl, but it wasn’t very generic nor reusable.

Thijs

February 27, 2009 | 9:54 pm

The patcher window and jit.cellblock (at least) use the standard Juce scrollbars (in "old school look-and-feel" mode). Or these have been reverse engineered as they look identical to the Juce ones. These could be using the Juce ViewPort Component which effectively handles the scrolling automatically.

It would be useful to be able to use and/or link to Juce for this stuff but earlier C74 posts have suggested this is not going to happen.

Srollbars might be an exception?

March 1, 2009 | 12:52 pm
martinrobinson wrote on Fri, 27 February 2009 14:54
The patcher window and jit.cellblock (at least) use the standard Juce scrollbars (in "old school look-and-feel" mode). Or these have been reverse engineered as they look identical to the Juce ones. These could be using the Juce ViewPort Component which effectively handles the scrolling automatically.

Thanks for the tip. A bit of research into the Juce code would be a good starting point if I want to create something similar.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)