Forums > MaxMSP

jit.cellblock display issue

September 10, 2009 | 9:54 am

When a cellblock is referred to a coll, when that coll is cleared the set dimensions are forgotten. Furthermore I notice the message that is printed upon every grid change; being able to turn that off would be a nice feature.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

_
johan

September 10, 2009 | 3:52 pm

Hi Johan,

That’s been the behavior since Max 5 (and possibly before). I’ve never fully understood why it loses any "memory" of past column widths (I’m assuming this is what you are talking about), but I know there was a reason, and in the end it has grown to be one of those things I’ve accepted. Unfortunately you just need to send a new message to cellblock with updated column dimensions whenever you send new data to the coll after it has been cleared. A bit of a pain, but it works.

WRT the max window messages, that’s been fixed in the next incremental. It’s been brought up many times.

HTH,
David

September 10, 2009 | 7:15 pm
Quote:
It’s been brought up many times.

Sorry, I missed that. Good news for the next incremental.

With the other issue I can live, I found a way around. Hope I remember that I said this next time I run into it.

thanks

_
johan

September 11, 2009 | 8:13 am

Sorry, an addition.

Quote:Unfortunately you just need to send a new message to cellblock with updated column dimensions whenever you send new data to the coll after it has been cleared.

The problem here is that you don’t know when to send the message when the coll is filled again. Using the same trigger to fill coll and update the dimension settings doesn’t work. With a deferlow it doesn’t either. This depends a bit on the amount of entries in coll. And that is where it becomes vague. One needs to wait an certain amount of time (that will be different on other computers for sure) or send the message every so often (rather dirty). Would there be a way to know what is the best moment to send dimensions?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

As a side note, since with max5 I started using inspectors much more intensively. I was looking there for the entry where to put the name of the coll to have the object referred to (as e.g. with waveform) but it was missing.

_
johan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)