Forums > Jitter

jit.desktop alternative?


wk
August 30, 2006 | 5:18 pm

Hi,

is there any way of grabbing entire (1024×768) desktop into matrix with
decent framerate?
[jit.desktop 4 char 160 120 @rect 0 0 1024 768] would give me 1 fps on
pb 12`
opengl?

thanks for any help,
wojciech


August 30, 2006 | 6:09 pm

yeah man – get an HD camera and point it at the screen :)


August 30, 2006 | 6:25 pm


August 30, 2006 | 6:37 pm

On a 17" PB, I get around 2.25 fps with the same setup. With jit.desktop 4 char 1024 768 @rect 0 0 1024 768, it stays in the 4.25 to 4.5 fps range. I have had better luck in capturing the area of the desktop I want at pixel to pixel, and then letting jit.qt.record reduce to the desired output resolution.


August 31, 2006 | 1:06 am

http://www.matrox.com/video/products/mxo/home.cfm

‘Matrox MXO takes the DVI output from your Mac computer or laptop and
converts it to broadcast-quality video.’

best,

On 30-aug-2006, at 20:09, evan.raskob [lists] wrote:

> yeah man – get an HD camera and point it at the screen :)



wk
August 31, 2006 | 9:10 am

ok ok, so another stupid question:

is there a way to feed matrix with the clipboard contents
( the same from "paste picture" menu option )

best,
wk
On Aug 31, 2006, at 2:06 AM, Gideon Kiers wrote:

> http://www.matrox.com/video/products/mxo/home.cfm
>
> ‘Matrox MXO takes the DVI output from your Mac computer or laptop and
> converts it to broadcast-quality video.’
>
> best,
>
> On 30-aug-2006, at 20:09, evan.raskob [lists] wrote:
>
>> yeah man – get an HD camera and point it at the screen :)
>
>


August 31, 2006 | 9:28 am

jit.qt.movie permits importing data from the clipboard into the
current movie. "newmovie 320 240, copy scrap" or similar is typically
how you’d do this.

jb

Am 31.08.2006 um 11:10 schrieb wojciech kosma:

> is there a way to feed matrix with the clipboard contents
> ( the same from "paste picture" menu option )



wk
August 31, 2006 | 9:57 am

On Aug 31, 2006, at 10:28 AM, Jeremy Bernstein wrote:

> newmovie 320 240, copy scrap



wk
August 31, 2006 | 10:00 am


August 31, 2006 | 10:11 am


August 31, 2006 | 10:20 am



wk
September 1, 2006 | 10:01 am

vnc-> matrix – any possibility of doing that?

best,
wk


September 1, 2006 | 7:20 pm

On Sep 1, 2006, at 3:01 AM, wojciech kosma wrote:

> vnc-> matrix – any possibility of doing that?

Sure if you program an object to use it. Most likely won’t be any
faster.

-Joshua


Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)