Forums > Jitter

jit.gl.asyncread

August 17, 2012 | 4:10 pm

hi

i used a gl.asyncread to getback opengl matrice and apply "effect" (feedback) whose go on a gl.videoplane.
with jit.gl.asyncread when i do fullscreen on my second computer screen i have piksel bug and rendering failure. it doesn't make it (bug piksel) when i make fullscreen on my screen computer (mac).
then the asyncread doesn't refresh. (picture)
i have also try to used different layer. boid drawing on layer 1 and videoplane on 2, asyncread read layer 1. but nothing good.
is there problem because i loop the opengl rendering ( read on asyncread and send back on a gl.videoplane whose read again by asyncread…
Asyncread also have the same name as jit.window and jit.gl.render.

if you can clear me about where come from the asyncread data ! is it read before him or not ?
and if you have a suggest about why i have problem with fullscreen on second computer screen and no on screen computer!

maybe, it's better if i used gl.node ? can it do my request ?

here an exemple patch of my stuff :

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

thanks a lot
0_0

[attachment=201661,4314]

Attachments:
  1. piksel.pdf.jpg

August 17, 2012 | 5:20 pm

can’t really test your patch without the missing externals and poly~ object, but i can tell you that the jit.gl.asyncread @layer attribute should be some hight number like 1000. you want the asyncread to draw last, so that all the other gl objects that you are capturing have already drawn.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)