jit.gl.mesh help file weirdness…

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:34pm

jit.gl.mesh help file weirdness…

Hello I am checking out Open GL objects and am having an issue with the help file for the jit.gl.mesh object. When checking toggle switches for the auto_normals $1, auto_tangents $1, auto_bitangents $1, auto_colors $1 messages and the prepend color_mode drop down menu I get red errors in the Max window along the lines of “failed to auto generate tangents!” “source data does not exist: ” ” failed to generate auto colors!” and so forth.
I restared Max and get the same thing. I’m running the latest version of Max/MSP on a very new iMac.

It is likely that I am missing something here. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-B

Feb 18, 2011 at 5:10pm

yeah that is a bit weird, I also get the errors in the max window, but up till now I haven’t had any use for those particular auto messages. You can always set the colors and everything by yourself check the tutorials for more info.

Feb 18, 2011 at 6:41pm

as mentioned in the reference file auto_tangents/bitangents need normals and texcoords.
auto_colors looks at the color_mode attribute to determine what generates the colors. the default is none, which is why the error shows up. hopefully this patch explains:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.