Forums > Jitter

jit.gl.model .obj read problem – Jitter 1.6.2

March 22, 2007 | 9:43 am

Hi,

Powerbook G4 1.5 – MaxMSP 4.6.2 – Jitter 1.6.2

Since i have update from MaxMSP4.5.4-Jitter1.5 to MaxMSP4.6.2-Jitter1.6.2 my patches using jit.gl.model do not read my .obj files not anymore. This where working properly in Jitter1.5!

What is there changed in the jit.gl.model external in Jitter1.6.2 and then special for the reading of .obj files?

Thanks for fast reply, grzz, Bart

March 22, 2007 | 2:22 pm

you’ll have to give us a bit more info on what happens when u try to load the file (error messages?)…

but i’ve had my fair share of grief from this object, particularly with textures and matrixoutput on intel macs. i wasnt the only one having problems, and there are a few posts which have already pointed out various issues with this object.

last i hear *cough* c74 were on the case, and intending on fixing this in the next beta. however, max 5 development seems to be a bit of a distratction… ; )

hopefully they will have it sorted asap, but it would be helpful if u could explain a bit more what’s happening on your system.

j

March 22, 2007 | 2:53 pm

Hi,

The error message is simple like this in Max window:
• error: jit.gl.model: hip.obj is not a model file

Before – in Jitter 1.5 the same .obj files where read properly!
Maybe i have to redo all my .obj files. :( But in which way?

Grzz, Bart

March 22, 2007 | 3:15 pm

maybe.. I dunno, send the list a model???

*wink*

On Mar 22, 2007, at 3:53 PM, bart wrote:

>
> Hi,
>
> The error message is simple like this in Max window:
> • error: jit.gl.model: hip.obj is not a model file
>
>
> Before – in Jitter 1.5 the same .obj files where read properly!
> Maybe i have to redo all my .obj files. :( But in which way?
>
>
> Grzz, Bart

v a d e //

http://www.vade.info
abstrakt.vade.info

March 24, 2007 | 6:12 pm

Here is one of the .obj models that was working in Jitter 1.5 but not in Jitter 1.6!

I have put it in attachment because otherwise tooooooo looooooong.

Now i have find another weird problem with jit.gl.model :

If i read the same model from the desktop it works! But if i put this model in the MaxMSPJitter path it doesn’t read the model!?

Also, when i put it in the same folder where the jitter example .obj files are it doesn’t want to read the same .obj. Weird!

Regards, Bart

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)