Forums > Jitter

jit.gl.multiple instead of jit.scissors?

November 24, 2012 | 3:53 am

Hi All,

I’m just starting to play around with jit.gl.multiple and coming up with some really cool patches.

Right now I’m mapping the same texture to many multiplied gridshapes. I want to try sectioning one texture onto several plane jit.gl.gridshapes.

i.e. have one video texture displayed on a 3×3 set of planes using jit.gl.multiple. ( I actually want to do a much larger grid, but for now 3×3 will suffice )

Any ideas how to get one large texture spread across such a grid using jit.gl.multiple?

– I guess like it would be an OpenGL version of jit.scissors but with all the cool possibilities of jit.gl.multiple with the position, rotation etc being controlled using matrices and jit.expr etc.

Thanks!

V

November 24, 2012 | 3:18 pm

yeah, you can use the td.rota.jxs shader with jit.gl.multiple… have a look at this example patch:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

…and then look into the jit.expr object and just replace the two noise matrixes with one matrix that defines the zoom-values and another one that changes f.e. anchor parameter of the shader (you can open the shader-file to see which other parameters you could also control…)

November 24, 2012 | 6:32 pm

Thanks so much! I grabbed your patch and made a few mods to see how it works – just have to figure out the jit.expr to hit the matrix and get the zoom and anchor values right for what I want to do.

I think I can get it !

Thanks!

V

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)