jit.gl.multiple question

Aug 23, 2006 at 1:49am

jit.gl.multiple question

Hi,

How can I change the color of objects when I use jit.gl.multiple ?

In jit.gl.multiple.help, I changed jit.gl.multiple as:
jit.gl.multiple foo 4 @targetname me @glparams position rotatexyz
scale color

and
In GenGLParams subpatch, I changed the message to fourth outlet as:
setall 1 0 0 1, bang -> jit.matrix 4 float32 15 15 ( -> fourth outlet )

and then
I sent bang to GenGLParams subpatch.

I expect toruses become red but they are gray.

What’s wrong ?

Thank you.

Best,
Masayuki Akamatsu

#27265
Aug 23, 2006 at 2:35am

Hi Masayuki,
You need to set jit.gl.multiple @targetmode 1 for the color parameter
to work. Otherwise, the ob3d you’re attaching to will provide the
color. @targetmode 1 sets the attached ob3d into draw_raw mode, wo
you’ll have to set any other things like @lighting_enable etc for the
jit.gl.multiple object.

wes

On 8/22/06, Masayuki Akamatsu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I change the color of objects when I use jit.gl.multiple ?
>
> In jit.gl.multiple.help, I changed jit.gl.multiple as:
> jit.gl.multiple foo 4 @targetname me @glparams position rotatexyz
> scale color
>
> and
> In GenGLParams subpatch, I changed the message to fourth outlet as:
> setall 1 0 0 1, bang -> jit.matrix 4 float32 15 15 ( -> fourth outlet )
>
> and then
> I sent bang to GenGLParams subpatch.
>
> I expect toruses become red but they are gray.
>
> What’s wrong ?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best,
> Masayuki Akamatsu
>
>

#82299
Aug 23, 2006 at 9:04am

Hi Wesley,

Thank you for your quick reply.

On 2006/08/23, at 11:35, Wesley Smith wrote:

> You need to set jit.gl.multiple @targetmode 1 for the color parameter
> to work.

I see red toruses.
But they look plain, not lighting.

> Otherwise, the ob3d you’re attaching to will provide the
> color.

> @targetmode 1 sets the attached ob3d into draw_raw mode, wo
> you’ll have to set any other things like @lighting_enable etc for the
> jit.gl.multiple object.

When I set @lighting_enable 1 for jit.gl.multiple, toruses become
gray again.
(I can set @color 1 1 0 1 and they become yellow. But it’s not a
color of glparams.)

I’m glad if I can get a further advice.

Thank you.

Best,
Masayuki Akamatsu

#82300
Aug 23, 2006 at 5:48pm

Hey Masayuki,
Thanks for pointing this out. This is an oversight on my part. It
will be fixed in Jitter 1.6.1.

best,
wes

On 8/23/06, Masayuki Akamatsu wrote:
> Hi Wesley,
>
> Thank you for your quick reply.
>
> On 2006/08/23, at 11:35, Wesley Smith wrote:
>
> > You need to set jit.gl.multiple @targetmode 1 for the color parameter
> > to work.
>
> I see red toruses.
> But they look plain, not lighting.
>
> > Otherwise, the ob3d you’re attaching to will provide the
> > color.
>
>
> > @targetmode 1 sets the attached ob3d into draw_raw mode, wo
> > you’ll have to set any other things like @lighting_enable etc for the
> > jit.gl.multiple object.
>
> When I set @lighting_enable 1 for jit.gl.multiple, toruses become
> gray again.
> (I can set @color 1 1 0 1 and they become yellow. But it’s not a
> color of glparams.)
>
> I’m glad if I can get a further advice.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best,
> Masayuki Akamatsu
>
>

#82301

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.