Forums > Jitter

jit.gl.render rotatexyz problem

March 8, 2011 | 2:01 pm

Hi,

i want to control the "rotatexyz" of a jit.gl.render object with a joystick. To make it fluent, i want to use the "slide" object, giving a more smooth result. But when using this, at the end of the movement, the screen blacks out. Probably there is a problem with the value of the floats being sent to the "pak rotatexyz 0. 0. 0." object. Below is the patch. Any way to get this working, or do i need to make a workaround? Thanks!

gr Roel

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

March 8, 2011 | 2:46 pm

curious :-)
(if you add numboxes with lots of decimals you see that the values keep changing during the freeze)
I guess it’s a rounding problem/error

March 8, 2011 | 3:03 pm

Interesting, don’t know why it happens, but did a workaround (though I’m sure you have come up with one yourself anyway):

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

March 8, 2011 | 3:09 pm

Yeah i kinda figure that i need to make some workaround, although it’s a bit of a shame since it will probably means that there is a little glitch in the camera rotation every now and then…think i need to tell the slide object to output something when it is between some limit, since the slide will never reach it’s destination value when you keep banging it (part of the equation in the object).

March 11, 2011 | 2:46 pm

So, just to close this topic: i used a "round 0.01" so there would be no infinitesimal floating things sent to the ‘pak rotatexyz 0. 0. 0.’ thing…this resolved the issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)