Forums > Jitter

jit.gl.render to vizzie modules/viewable texture

May 13, 2013 | 7:12 am

Hi everyone,

I want to render what i see in jit.gl.render through the vizzie modules.

This is probably the simplest thing to do. Been through the tutorials and the forums and i just can’t nail it. :(

I’ve got a jit.gl.render object rendering my own 3d models. That all works great and i can see the output in a jit.pwind object.

I’ve tried using jit.gl.slab, jit.gl.texture going to a matrix and then to a jit.gl.videoplane  and then to jit.window. I just can’t get it to work.

Would somebody please be able to post an example showing how to get the output of jit.gl.render to a texture which i can then somehow view  in a floating window.

Any and all help would be appreciated for this Jitter Noob     ;-)

May 13, 2013 | 6:08 pm

Get it down to jit.gl.pix somehow
That’s all I got for the moment
Check out my ugly hack of a gen~ patch a day and VIZZable

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/1660/vizzable-fx-breathr

Might help

May 13, 2013 | 10:42 pm

Hey Andro,

You can capture 3D thingies with jit.gl.node. If you only want a floating window, you could use a jit.window, instead of a pwindow. I have a @visible 0 in the jit.window because i dont use it, but i need a "rendering context" for the jit.gl.render.

<pre><code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code></pre>

May 14, 2013 | 12:21 am

…not exactly capturing jit.gl.render, but still. You can also capture jit.gl.texture, if you want to texture models before sending them to the Vizzie world.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

May 14, 2013 | 2:51 am

MMARKO Awesome ! jit.gl.node was the answer !! I’d already tried it but I connected it to jit.gl.render instead if jit.gl.model     :P

Great tip with setting the visible setting to zero. This is a perfect example nice and clear. Thank you so much for the help.

:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)