jit.gl shaders question

Mar 11, 2013 at 4:55am

jit.gl shaders question

hello folks,

i’m stumbling my way through working with the jit.gl objects in a patch, and would like to know how i can use the math operator shaders? i understand how to work with texture-style shaders with the jit.gl.videoplane object, but would like to create a feedback loop using the op shaders found in the Max 6 > Cycling74 > Jitter-shaders > math folder. if anyone could offer any examples or shed some light on to what jit.gl object i need to ‘apply’ these op shaders too, that would be fantastic!

thanks in advance.
SFZX

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:47am

there is help patches for most of them located in max6/examples/jitter-examples/render/slab-helpers and around… – for op, search for math.shaders-help.maxpat.

be aware however, that generating feedback in gpu land is sort of tricky – search the forum, i know there is quite some stuff about that. if it’s just a simple trailing effect you are looking for, maybe have a look at tp.slide.jxs-help.maxpat.

best
k

Mar 11, 2013 at 4:39pm

cheers Karl, i appreciate your help. i believe i’ve found what i’m looking for!

Mar 11, 2013 at 9:44pm

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:31pm

You may also want to try jit.gl.pix. It does the same basic thing as jit.gl.slab except you can customize it’s behavior in patcher-land.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.