Forums > MaxMSP

jit.gl.sketch, curves and aliasing

pry
January 31, 2014 | 5:52 pm

Hello everybody,

As jit.gl.path doesn’t support customizable texture coords (as fas as I know), I’m trying to animate and draw textured strokes with jit.gl.sketch and I’m astonished by aliasing.
In the patch below, points of jit.gl.path animated by jit.phys are sent to jit.gl.sketch to draw a textured stroke. Here is a screencap showing the aliasing.

Does anybody know how to reduce it ? I tried (quickly) FXAA shader without success.

I’m despairing of drawing nice strokes with Jitter, please, any advice is welcome

thanks

pry

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

Attachments:
  1. sketch-aliasing

February 1, 2014 | 9:31 am

hi,
Cool patch,
All works fine here, maybe your problem is only a Texture scaling…

Attachments:
  1. Capture

pry
February 1, 2014 | 6:17 pm

Thanks for your reply Matmat,

You get a smoother line than I do ! Have you changed any parameters on the patch ?

Here is a fullscreen capture (1920×1080) from the patch below (with fixed values), may I ask you to take a screenshot of what you get to compare ? Maybe it’s hardware dependant, what’s your graphic card ?

thanks,

pry

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

Attachments:
  1. sketch-aliasing2

February 2, 2014 | 9:28 am

Hi,
I see the same line than you , here the screenshot.But with screenshot 2 , i change the "jit.qt.movie" dim to "512 7" and it seems better…

Attachments:
  1. screenshot2_Dim_512_72
  2. screenshot11
  3. screenshot2_Dim_512_71
  4. screenshot1
  5. screenshot2_Dim_512_7

February 2, 2014 | 9:38 am

oups,i can’t remove files from my post…so the 2, 3 are ok .

pry
February 3, 2014 | 11:29 am

It’s better, you’re right, thank you for the tip but … do you know why it’s better with these dim ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)