jit.gl.slab not working on Mac with multiple graphic cards
okay. to use those two shaders from 1.6.2 in 1.5.2 I have to copy the
file sh.passthrudim.vp.glsl as well. now everything works fine for now-
except the initial problem still exists.
-I don’t receive any mails from the list right now- including my own. so
please excuse any crossover communication
I have a problem when I try to use jit.gl.slab on a Mac with multiple
graphic cards where monitors are attached. The Computer I use is a Mac
Quad (4*2.5 GHz, 4.5 GB Ram) with three PCI express graphic cards. this
is one Nvidia gforce 7800Gt and two nvidia gforce 6600. as long as
monitors (2) are attached to only one graphic card jit.gl.slab works
just like expected. if I attach a monitor to a second graphic card
jit.gl.slab doesn’t operate any more and the following error messages
appear in the max window:
• error: jit.gl.pbuffer: error binding invalid pbuffer!
• error: jit.gl.texture: error binding readback mechanism for capture!
this happens with the jit.gl.slab.help patch. a shader used with jit.gl.shader still works.
I tested this on a PC with two PCI express cards and everything worked fine.
I also tested this on the Quad computer with Max 4.5.7 and jitter 1.5.2 and it works wit no problem.
thanks for any hints.. john.
Please try the 1.6.3 beta posted previously on the list. This fix
among others is present. I’ve added the message below for your
Beta versions of Jitter 1.6.3 for OS X Universal Binary and Windows
XP are now available for download at the following links. Release
notes at bottom, but this release will be especially useful for
anyone using spigot~, Macintosh users with multiple graphics cards,
and people with stereo 3D graphics cards. Unfortunately we were not
able to reproduce the reported NVidia 7950 GX2 (multi-core) issues
using multiple NVidia 7300 cards (which seem to work well, btw), so
for the time being, we can’t claim to fully support this card. There
may be driver updates which solve these problems, however, and we’d
be interested to hear of any changes in behavior from users with 7950
GX2 graphics cards.
As always please let us know of any problems you encounter and
include example patches, steps to reproduce, and system information
with your report. While these versions seem to be pretty stable, as
always with beta software, it is not recommended for installation/
performance work, and recommended that you back up your work before
installing and more often while working with the software.
OS X Universal Binary:
- jit.gl.render new draw_buffer attribute for use with stereo contexts
- jit.window new stereo attribute for active stereo
- jit.matrix fix for memory leak
- jit.op/jit.expr fix for wrap and fold operators on Intel
- jit.gl.slab fix for glreadback fbo unsupported format errors
- jit.gl.slab fix for multi-GPU, multi-monitor Macintosh systems
- jit.gl.texture fix for issues capturing and sharing between contexts
- jit.qt.movie fix for double loop notifications on first play of
newly-read movie in soc mode
- jit.qt.movie fix for various stability issues with spigot~
- jit.qt.movie fix for memory leak
- jitter audio objects fix for crashes when closing patchers with
- spigot~ fix for XML entity encoding bug