jit.gl.videoplane tex_offset_x problem?

Feb 22, 2006 at 3:41pm

jit.gl.videoplane tex_offset_x problem?

Hello

I would no pretend it is a bug report, because I am way to insecure
in openGl to do so, but:

if you open jit.gl.videoplane help file, and you play with the
tex_offset_x, tex_scale_x, tex_offset_y, tex_scale_y, and even nudge,
you do not see any effect until you play with the dim…

Is it normal?

pa

btw, would there be a better way than this to use just a part of a
texture T1 on an object, and an other zone of the same texture T1 on
an other object?

#24555
Feb 22, 2006 at 7:59pm

On Feb 22, 2006, at 7:41 AM, Pierre Alexandre Tremblay wrote:

> if you open jit.gl.videoplane help file, and you play with the
> tex_offset_x, tex_scale_x, tex_offset_y, tex_scale_y, and even
> nudge, you do not see any effect until you play with the dim…
>
> Is it normal?

This is a known issue we hope to resolve soon, but yes for the
meantime, this is the appropriate workaround.

> btw, would there be a better way than this to use just a part of a
> texture T1 on an object, and an other zone of the same texture T1
> on an other object?

You could just use low level OpenGL calls with jit.gl.sketch if you
prefer.

#71233
Feb 22, 2006 at 8:13pm

Thank you for the quick answer.

>> btw, would there be a better way than this to use just a part of a
>> texture T1 on an object, and an other zone of the same texture T1
>> on an other object?
>
> You could just use low level OpenGL calls with jit.gl.sketch if you
> prefer.

Thank you, I will look into this.

Am I right to think that it is more efficient to read a movie once,
and then to do the reframing by different scope on the same texture,
instead of the movie going into jit.scisors, then sent to several
jit.gl.texture?

pa

#71234
Feb 22, 2006 at 8:47pm

On Feb 22, 2006, at 12:13 PM, Pierre Alexandre Tremblay wrote:

> Am I right to think that it is more efficient to read a movie once,
> and then to do the reframing by different scope on the same
> texture, instead of the movie going into jit.scisors, then sent to
> several jit.gl.texture?

Yes. Though it might not be much worse as long as you’re not sending
more video data total, if you’re using *lots* of small textures, the
performance difference might be noticeable.

-Joshua

#71235

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.