Forums > Jitter

jit.phys.multiple/ jit.phys.body points of attraction?

November 23, 2011 | 3:42 pm

I am using jit.phys.multiple to create a grid of bodies, I want to be able to mess with them and then have them gradually return to their starting position. I’ve tried a few things with no joy, but I’m wondering if I could take the matrix that initialises the bodies position and slide it into one containing their current position?

It would be nice to have an option for a point of attraction and strength of attraction with jit.phys.body and jit.phys.multiple.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

November 23, 2011 | 10:46 pm

attraction points will be possible with the jit.phys.ghost object planned for a future update.

you can use jit.slide to return the objects back to their starting position.
below is one way:

November 28, 2011 | 2:05 pm

Thanks Robert, it’s a good solution, but I can’t get it to behave very elegantly for my application. Very happy attraction points are coming, but it doesn’t sound like you are saying that jit.phys.ghost will be in the next update? ;)

November 29, 2011 | 12:56 pm

Hi sorry for my question but i’m a bit lost with all this new objects,
Is it possible in this exemple to change the sphere from the gridshape by a 3D model like the apple?
(I try to do it myself but i don’t arrive to do it)
thanks a lot i have to see realy quickly if i can make an installation or not.

Best Arthur

November 29, 2011 | 4:40 pm

hi arthurlecaron. currently phys.multiple does not allow you to use convexhull or concave shape types (the shape type that allows you to provide a matrix of vertices to define the shape).

this will be possible in a future update.

thanks for your interest.

November 29, 2011 | 5:33 pm

Thank you Robert for your answer, but is there a way to make interact several 3D models together?
and when the update should be ready?
Best regards

Arthur

November 29, 2011 | 6:13 pm

you can use javascript or poly~ to manage multiple phys.bodies with convex/concave shapes.
i’m not sure when the update will be out.

November 29, 2011 | 8:12 pm

Eh? Unless I am misunderstanding, you can just use jit.gl.model with jit.phys.multiple like this:

November 29, 2011 | 8:14 pm

Hey, that’s suddenly a lot more fun with ducks!

November 30, 2011 | 7:27 pm

haha, yes ducks are way more fun.

yeah, that’s one way to control models. another way is to send the geometry matrix out of the model (matrixoutput 1) in to a jit.phys.body. it will create whats called a convex-hull of points surrounding the shape.

and if that’s not enough, you can set the shape to concave, and it will create a physics mesh that exactly matches the rendering mesh.

of course both these options are way more expensive on the cpu then the simple shapes, and therefore should be used only when necessary.

July 1, 2013 | 7:15 am

hi arthurlecaron. currently phys.multiple does not allow you to use convexhull or concave shape types (the shape type that allows you to provide a matrix of vertices to define the shape).

this will be possible in a future update.

is this possible now?

July 1, 2013 | 12:43 pm

yup. check out the following example patch:
Max 6.1/examples/jitter-examples/render/physics/phys.multiple.mesh.maxpat

July 1, 2013 | 1:06 pm

gorgeous :)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)