Jit.pwindow resolution and fullscreen problems.

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:27pm

Jit.pwindow resolution and fullscreen problems.

I’m using jit.pwindow to play some image files randomly every 3 seconds.

The problem is that the displyed resolution of the jpg images I’m using is awful when expanding the window or when going fullscreen.

I’d also like to automatically fit the images to the window, which i can do with imovie, but not jit.pwindow.

Many thanks

Jack

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:34pm

Classic mistake: you aren’t setting the resolution so it defaults to 320×240. I assume you’re using jit.qt.movie to load ‘m? Set @adapt 1 so it will set the resolution automatically.

Not sure what you mean exactly with auto fit in jit.pwindow.

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:46pm

That’s great, I’ve just set it to adapt but the resolution still isn’t as good as the source images.

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:23pm

Works fine for me. Don’t forget that the way you patched it @adapt isn’t saved with the patch and will default to 0 next time you open it. Initialize it like this to have it set on load:

[jit.qt.movie @adapt 1]

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:17pm

Thanks.. I have to admit I’m not actually sure how to initialize this…

However, When comparing the Jpegs in preview on mac osx they are clearly of a higher resolution that when using jit.window. I can show you some screen grabs if that helps.

I really can’t work out why. The other thing that is happening is that the aspect ratio of the photographs is not being preserved- they are stretched to fit the screen.

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:34pm

That’s how jit.pwindow and .window operate if you send ‘m plain matrices, they squeeze/stretch ‘m into the window size. If you have diverging image sizes you’ll have to work with @usedstdim. See Jitter tutorial 14.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.