Forums > Jitter

Jit.Pwindow won't display – project due, please help!

March 15, 2009 | 7:38 pm

I’m very new to the program and am probably not as computer savvy as most of you, so it’s possible it’s somthing simple. But the file did work fine for me on my other computer. Is it possible I don’t meet the system requirements to run jitter?

The project is due tomorrow – I’m desperate. Any ideas?

March 15, 2009 | 7:56 pm

man, you run the requirements.. it’s a bug of maxmsp 5.0.6.. i experience the very same thing with objects such as multislider

March 15, 2009 | 10:29 pm
jonboy0000 wrote on Sun, 15 March 2009 14:38
I’m very new to the program and am probably not as computer savvy as most of you, so it’s possible it’s somthing simple. But the file did work fine for me on my other computer. Is it possible I don’t meet the system requirements to run jitter?

Looks like Jitter isn’t installed correctly, or at all (note the shaded objects like jit.matrix and jit.robcross). You also got errors in the Max window when you loaded it, about these objects it couldn’t find. If the patch itself works fine on your other computer, use that for the class if you can, or at least let the prof know that this isn’t your fault, since it’s not Smile

ATH
March 16, 2009 | 10:51 am

you might have to install the driver of your webcam on your new computer first (if you’re not using the built – in comp.
If it still doesnt work use the tutorial file (Jitter Tutorials) for jit.qt.grab.
There first klick on get video device list,
then chose the cam you want to use, then click on open.

good luck
ATH

March 16, 2009 | 4:56 pm

do you own jitter + max? I would think maybe this would happen if the demo of jitter expired and you still owned just max

March 16, 2009 | 5:40 pm

Seeing as how you’re on Windows, have you installed Quicktime yet?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)