jit.qt.movie audio

Oct 26, 2007 at 3:34pm

jit.qt.movie audio

hi im trying out maxmsp and jitter demo on a friends old mac(g4) and when i select read in jit.qt.movie and select a movie with audio the audio plays, is that normal? even without switching the metro on? and when i switch the metro on and then off the audio still plays the only way to stop the audio is to press stop. In windowsXP it doesnt work that way, the audio starts and stops when you switch the metro. Is that a bug or this is how it works on macs?
thamks for yor time
dan.r

Oct 26, 2007 at 4:15pm

AFAIK, that’s how it works on mac.

try [jit.qt.movie @autostart 0], then at least it will only play once you send start.

j

Quote: dan.r wrote on Fri, 26 October 2007 16:34
—————————————————-
> hi im trying out maxmsp and jitter demo on a friends old mac(g4) and when i select read in jit.qt.movie and select a movie with audio the audio plays, is that normal? even without switching the metro on? and when i switch the metro on and then off the audio still plays the only way to stop the audio is to press stop. In windowsXP it doesnt work that way, the audio starts and stops when you switch the metro. Is that a bug or this is how it works on macs?
> thamks for yor time
> dan.r
—————————————————-

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.