Forums > Jitter

jit.qt.record hel. possibly bug?

April 26, 2011 | 7:51 pm

Hi,
i am new to this forum. I ran into a problem:

I am making a music video based on random scenes from a long footage triggered by various midi notes.
I use Ableton Live 8.2.2 as a sequencer rewired with Max 5.1.7
The problem is that the length of the recorded footage differ at the end if recording – its shorter than the song track, however the quality and framerate is perfect.
The only solution i have found is turn realtime flag on, but that heavily degrades framerate, skipping etc.
Here is the patch i made, and it clearly shows that the video is playing at 30 fps (as my original h264 footage – not 29.97 fps) and the manual states that a frame only recorded in jit.qt.record when a frame arrives.
The complete footage maybe some seconds difference from the song, but when i put them together in Adobe Premiere they mismatc and i can’t even correct it with ripple stretch or duration tool.
The length differences varies on codecs. I found mjpega is the best but there is still mismatch with the audio then.
When i turn realtime on doesn’t matter what codec i am using, it’ll be in sync, but heavy framerate degradation – except mjpega – which is a so-so

any help would much appreciated
thnak you,

peter

Attachments:
  1. vf1.maxpat

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)