Forums > Jitter

jit.qt.record…record to arbitrary time, like matrixset…

March 15, 2007 | 7:51 pm

unless it’s undocumented, it’s not possible to record a matrix into jit.qt.record into an arbitrary frame of a movie – you can only add a frame to the end. I would love to be able to do this! This would essentially give qt.record the same ability as a jit.matrixset of 4 plane char data, but without having to pre-allocate a lot of memory , the benefits of compression, and the benefit of already having everything on the harddrive if a crash occurs.
so I guess this is a feature request, either for jit.qt.record to have a "frame" message, or for jit.matrixset to be able to use the harddrive rather than gobbling up RAM.

March 15, 2007 | 8:00 pm

You could always write your data to disk as images and reorder them later.

wes

On 3/15/07, pnyboer

wrote:
>
> unless it’s undocumented, it’s not possible to record a matrix into jit.qt.record into an arbitrary frame of a movie – you can only add a frame to the end. I would love to be able to do this! This would essentially give qt.record the same ability as a jit.matrixset of 4 plane char data, but without having to pre-allocate a lot of memory , the benefits of compression, and the benefit of already having everything on the harddrive if a crash occurs.
> so I guess this is a feature request, either for jit.qt.record to have a "frame" message, or for jit.matrixset to be able to use the harddrive rather than gobbling up RAM.
> –
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> The Lifespan
> 2 oz brandy
> 1/2 oz orgeat
> 1/2 oz maraschino
> 3/4 oz mix of (meyer) lemon and (yellow) grapefruit juice
> Shake with ice and serve in a Pernod-rinsed cocktail glass
>

March 16, 2007 | 12:19 am

On Mar 15, 2007, at 1:00 PM, Wesley Smith wrote:

> You could always write your data to disk as images and reorder them
> later.

FWIW, one can exploit the jit.qt.movie editing messages to this
extent as well–i.e. record single frame images or movie files and
then use the copy/cut/paste/insert messages to do whatever it is you
want.

-Joshua

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)