jit.qt.record, save video starts from beginning

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:22pm

jit.qt.record, save video starts from beginning

Hi … and all my best wishes for 2013 ;-)

May someone can help me:
My patch is playing a movie, i do some color changing and then i record the new movie. Everything is working fine. But i would like to add something comfortable: The video is already playing in loop. As soon as i wrote the filename and press save the video should start from the beginning. How can i add a bang in the right moment and start the video at the loopstart point (if i choose one) or from beginning ?

(to stop the Video at its loopend was easy: @loopreport 1 > bang stop on jit.qt.record)

Thank you for your help.
Best
gammon

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Jan 3, 2013 at 1:46pm

You can send the “jump 0″ or “jump_true 0″ message (se jit.qt.movie reference for explanation) to jit.qt.movie when sending the “record” message, to jump to the first frame of the movie.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Jan 3, 2013 at 2:22pm

Hi LSka

Thanks for your help. Now i know what i did wrong. I send out the bang first, you did it last. And “jump” is also a good tip.
… but what would you recommend to send if it should start at a selected looppoint ?

Thanks,
gammon

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:16pm

The patch in Jitter Tutorial #4 should give you good inspiration on setting looppoints and doing time/frame converting.

http://cycling74.com/docs/max6/dynamic/c74_docs.html#jitterchapter04

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.