jit.uldl abort

Apr 1, 2007 at 1:40pm

jit.uldl abort

Hi people,

As many others I’ve tried to conquer some of the net possibilities of max/msp/jitter. I’m now working on a patch with jit.uldl. Trying to create some random stuff with almost downloading an entire file. I got something like “route percent >0.8 sel 1 abort” However when I use the abort possibilities it removes the file again.

Is there a workaround this good feature to get more control over the almost downloaded files?

Thanks,

Maarten

#31116
Apr 1, 2007 at 1:47pm

Why would you want to almost download a file?

jb

Am 01.04.2007 um 15:40 schrieb Maarten Zeinstra:

>
> Hi people,
>
> As many others I’ve tried to conquer some of the net possibilities
> of max/msp/jitter. I’m now working on a patch with jit.uldl. Trying
> to create some random stuff with almost downloading an entire file.
> I got something like “route percent >0.8 sel 1 abort” However when
> I use the abort possibilities it removes the file again.
>
> Is there a workaround this good feature to get more control over
> the almost downloaded files?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Maarten

#100661
Apr 1, 2007 at 1:55pm

im assuming to get some glitched up random stuff?

On Apr 1, 2007, at 9:47 AM, Jeremy Bernstein wrote:

> Why would you want to almost download a file?
>
> jb
>
> Am 01.04.2007 um 15:40 schrieb Maarten Zeinstra:
>
>>
>> Hi people,
>>
>> As many others I’ve tried to conquer some of the net possibilities
>> of max/msp/jitter. I’m now working on a patch with jit.uldl.
>> Trying to create some random stuff with almost downloading an
>> entire file. I got something like “route percent >0.8 sel 1 abort”
>> However when I use the abort possibilities it removes the file again.
>>
>> Is there a workaround this good feature to get more control over
>> the almost downloaded files?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Maarten

v a d e //

http://www.vade.info
abstrakt.vade.info

#100662
Apr 1, 2007 at 2:03pm

It is for a special technique to indeed get some glitches.

#100663
Apr 1, 2007 at 2:09pm

Why don’t you make a copy of the file at the moment you want to abort
and work from the copy? jit.uldl deletes on abort.

You should be able to do this with java- or applescript.

jb

Am 01.04.2007 um 16:03 schrieb Maarten Zeinstra:

>
> It is for a special technique to indeed get some glitches.

#100664
Apr 1, 2007 at 2:17pm

It should all happen within a matter of seconds, I use the localhost server and want to automate and experiment of mine.

You say it can be done with javascript? In what way do I need to look then?

Thanks

#100665
Apr 1, 2007 at 2:25pm

JavaScript in Max (pdf), p. 39, The File Object

jb

Am 01.04.2007 um 16:17 schrieb Maarten Zeinstra:

>
> It should all happen within a matter of seconds, I use the
> localhost server and want to automate and experiment of mine.
>
> You say it can be done with javascript? In what way do I need to
> look then?
>
> Thanks

#100666
Apr 2, 2007 at 5:03pm

HI,

So I learned myself to work with javascript again :)
Well I build this js script which just basically copies entire files, however after the execution of this little script I could not open the files. They were not recognized by the player. What am I doing wrong here?

myfile = new File(filename, “read”);
myfile.open();
if (myfile.isopen)
{
newName = new String(myfile.filename);
newName = newName.substring(0, newName.length – 4) + “_x.avi”;
newFile = new File(location + newName, “readwrite”, myfile.filetype);
newFile.open();
while (myfile.eof < = myfile.position)
{
newFile.writebytes(myfile.readbytes(1));
}
newFile.close();
myfile.close();

#100667
Apr 3, 2007 at 12:27pm

On 4/2/07, Maarten Zeinstra wrote:
>
>
> while (myfile.eof < = myfile.position)
> {
> newFile.writebytes(myfile.readbytes(1));
> }

hi maarten,

you probably meant to do something like this instead:

while (myfile.position != myfile.eof)
{
newFile.writebytes(myfile.readbytes(1));
}

since the eof is not smaller than the position. o well you get the idea ;-)
don’t know if that’s all though.

cheers, -thijs

#100668

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.