jit.vcr – recording setup

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:02am

jit.vcr – recording setup

[jit.vcr] help patch does not work for me. It says “DSP must be enabled before writing” when I press write. Audio also does not work in that patch, it say “ad_mme: stopping due to error”

This is on Win 7 64 with QT 7.7

Any advice?

Also, what would be a good intermediate and free codec to write to from MAX for subsequent editing? photojpeg?

Thanks.

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:43am

Found some answers here: http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=24515

Also, photojpeg will not support sound. So, the question for the intermediate codec remains.

For example, I have tried Avid’s DNXHD and it works but I see no way to set more sophisticated options than low/medium/high. Is this possible?

Or should I be writing default raw files and expecting to compress them somewhere else?

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:59am

OK, further news. Using raw at small resolutions is fine but at 1280×720 on my fast machine it is skipping frames and the recording is messed up.

Can I force MAX to wait until it writes down a frame before processing the next one and still get correct video and sounds on playback? If so, how? Can someone show how to write the results of [jit.vcr] help patch at this (or higher) quality?

Thanks.

Aug 16, 2011 at 5:01pm

jit.vcr is under-documented at best and flawed at worst.
if any one can share his experience with a working implantation i would be grateful. as well.

[rant on]
i have scanned the forum and the inherent issues with the jit.vcr
approach to synced audio-video recording has not been addressed. http://www.cycling74.com/forums/tags.php?tag=jitvcr (problems noted: freezes on stop, sync problems, drifts and audio codec support )

good people of cycling74, please pick a jit.vcr and comment. acknowledge the limitation of this object or offer alternatives.
best of luck with max6. jitter 2 is waiting for some luv. [rant off]

yair (windows)

Aug 17, 2011 at 12:01pm

example of jit.vcr .
attached we can see audio stream is shorter then video stream .

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

max 5.1.8
SSD drive
win 7 64bit

[attachment=169059,2541]

Attachments:
  1. audioInSync.jpg

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.