Forums > Jitter

Jitter 1.6.2 installation error on XP + serial object slows down everything

September 28, 2006 | 10:26 am

A couple of days ago I installed the latest MaxMSP 4.6.2 and Jitter 1.6.2 on a XP machine. There was no problem with installing MaxMSP but while installing Jitter I got an error saying that JitterPushSource.dll failed to register. I attached a screenshot of the message. The message kept on coming up after exiting the installation and trying it again. So in the end I pressed on Continue and the installation finished without any further errors.

Jitter and Max seemed to work all fine after that until I used an old patch that communicates with an EZIO board using the serial object. The patch which ran perfectly fine in MaxMSP 4.5 / Jitter 1.5 runs now extremely slowly. Something like 2fps instead of 30. It only slows down when I try to send and receive data through the serial object with a qmetro. I exchanged the new serial object with the one from 4.5 and it’s all back to normal.

Now, I don’t know whether my installation error has got anything to do with the new serial extra not working properly, but could someone have a look into this or tell me whether they have come accross similar problems with the serial object.

Cheers

Mark

[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=259&private=0[/img]


September 28, 2006 | 4:55 pm

Hello Mark,
Thanks for the report.
Could you provide us with a simple example patch that demonstrates the
problem?

Cheers,
Andrew B.


September 28, 2006 | 6:18 pm

max v2;
#N vpatcher 251 72 1249 913;
#P origin -44 -33;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P window linecount 1;
#P newex 19 153 27 9109513 b 2;
#P user jit.fpsgui 34 112 60 9109513 0;
#P comment 60 275 74 9109513 Received Value;
#P number 19 275 35 9 0 0 160 139 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P message 36 183 26 9109513 65 1;
#P newex 174 162 45 9109513 loadbang;
#P toggle 19 41 15 0;
#P newex 19 84 50 9109513 qmetro 50;
#P message 351 203 40 9109513 parity 0;
#P message 292 204 49 9109513 stopbits 1;
#P message 236 204 49 9109513 databits 8;
#P message 401 202 37 9109513 print;
#P newex 19 247 66 9109513 serial a 57600;
#B color 5;
#P message 174 204 56 9109513 baud 57600;
#P comment 174 236 160 9109513 Settings required for the EZIO board;
#P comment 49 155 117 9109513 send data and read buffer;
#P comment 35 41 40 9109513 on / off;
#P connect 10 0 9 0;
#P connect 9 0 16 0;
#P fasten 3 0 4 0 179 229 24 229;
#P fasten 5 0 4 0 406 229 24 229;
#P fasten 6 0 4 0 241 229 24 229;
#P fasten 7 0 4 0 297 229 24 229;
#P fasten 8 0 4 0 356 229 24 229;
#P fasten 12 0 4 0 41 212 24 212;
#P connect 16 0 4 0;
#P hidden connect 4 0 13 0;
#P connect 9 0 15 0;
#P connect 16 1 12 0;
#P fasten 11 0 3 0 179 194 179 194;
#P fasten 11 0 6 0 179 194 241 194;
#P fasten 11 0 7 0 179 194 297 194;
#P fasten 11 0 8 0 179 194 356 194;
#P fasten 11 0 5 0 179 194 406 194;
#P pop;

Basically if I use the 4.6.2 version of the serial external it goes steadily down to 1FPS and probably would continue to go slower. With the old serial external I get a steady 20FPS as it should be.

M.


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)