Forums > Jitter

jitter and ipod touch

December 15, 2009 | 10:41 pm

Has anyone run a Jitter patch on an ipod touch?
If so, I’d appreciate being pointed in the right direction toward creating an interactive video piece using the ipod’s touch screen as an interface.
Thanks

December 16, 2009 | 11:40 am

you can run processing on the androids soon i read on create digital motion a couple of days ago. I’d probably go down that road if you want to develop interactive visuals for hand held apps.

but yeah… +1 for jitter to be able to run on ipod/iphones soon. not holding my breath though.

December 16, 2009 | 10:51 pm

Have a look at fantastick which is a great app which reports touch data from the ipod and can send drawing commands. It’s meant to be for creating your own user interfaces on the screen but I imagine you can use it for creating visuals too, especially as it supports OpenGL.

lh

December 17, 2009 | 7:26 pm

thanks for the feedback!
I’m checking all of these out.

December 30, 2009 | 8:59 am

Yes, fantastick looks truly awesome. With a bit of OpenGL experimenting and some familiarity with Max you can make whatever interfaces you want. Looking forward to a Share community building up around this app!

For running Max on an iPhone… maybe look into "rjdj", I saw it awhile back and it supposedly was able to let some PD patches run, which could be a nice workaround.

December 31, 2009 | 3:52 am

I don’t know which version of the iPod touch you own but i’ve read the v1 isn’t supported…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)