Jitter offline mode?

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:53am

Jitter offline mode?

Does jitter have an “offline rendering mode”? That is, can I record my open gl stuff frame by frame in non-realtime to avoid the glitches Im getting by doing it in realtime? Im using jit.gl.asyncread into a jit.qt.record object to do the recording but in realtime the patch stutters and glitches and this gets recorded too, also I`m noticing the recording is bad quality with lots of pixelation… Any ideas anyone?

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:02am

If you just want to record your videos made with openGL, I reccomend you a capture software called iShowU. It is quite affordable.
I use it to capture real time my openGL images from my screen, and works like a charm most of the time, except if you use heavy calculations in the graphic cards, then you have to find the right setting though. Hope it helps.

Jul 25, 2012 at 3:12pm

hello,
i got the best results, if i send the output texture to the jit.gl.syphonserver object.
it can be easy recorded with the Syphon Recorder.app

just my 2 cents,
tt

Jul 25, 2012 at 3:15pm

jit.qt.record records in non-realtime mode by default.
meaning every frame you send is a new frame of your recording.
if your fps is 30 and you’ve sent 60 frames, your recording will be 2 seconds, regardless of how long it took to render and output those 60 frames.

the dimensions of the matrix coming out of gl.asyncread match the size of your rendering window.
eg, to record 720p, set your jit.window @size 1280 720 and create a jit.qt.record with the args 1280 720.

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:31am

I tried that.
my video has to be synced to audio, offline.. but it has to have the same length.

trying to render to 1280 720 photojpeg, with a qmetro 20, I’m not exactly at 50fps, but often around 45 (not constant)

I’m using the record patch from http://cycling74.com/2009/09/23/the-video-processing-system-part-4/

I’m recording the movie while tweaking some parameters. The record step duration is around 5′ BUT the file is around 3’50

how can I solve this problem ?

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:14pm

You can’t have live tweaking and record offline at the same time hé…

Try recording in jit.qt.record’s realtime mode. Time should be correct then. If rendering can’t keep up the framerate you’ll just have doubled frames in the file. (Haven’t done such things for a while so my memory could be faulty but it seems logical to me.)

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:16pm

(omg what a stupid boy I am . . .)

emmmh.

thanks a lot dtr
I’m going to make that right now :)
posting later

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:32pm

the fact I have to render first my openGL context into a matrix before the qt.record seems to drop framerates

maybe I’ll capture directly my screen as a lot of people suggests…
but I’ll have some lag I guess :-(

some suggests syphon for that
I cannot imagine how it would be more efficient

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:44pm

ok
I didn’t even test the screen capture, thinking it would be ugly.
It made it.
I’m using screenflow, usually and it is okay to capture the sound too at the same time, of course.

I would have thought to something more directly inside Max6 and it blinded me a bit not to test outside of it.

“lesson 1: go out from that square if the solution doesn’t seem to be there after 15 min”

:p

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.