jitter possibilities

Nov 14, 2010 at 12:12am

jitter possibilities

Hello,

i am currently working on a new project.

[attachment=145999,1367]

Attachments:
  1. prototype.jpg
Nov 14, 2010 at 12:19am

i made a protoype in processing (the image above is the prototype in processing), but i want to continue in jitter because of some reasons. So i need some information how to continue in the best way.

my aim is to render all the points with a texture and i want to move the points every point point by point. So my idea was to make a matrix with the position information. But i don’t know what’s the best way to render the textures (will be about 5000 points) and move every single point through a matrix. I hope u understand what i want to do and you can give me any hints about that issue.

Nov 14, 2010 at 5:13pm

Are you familiar with the OpenGL functionality? In a jit.gl.mesh object for example, you can dump the position and texture information in separate float32 matrices.
Then you can render the geometry in the form of points, lines, line_loops etc with the message [draw_mode points].
As for the texture, you could link a [jit.gl.texture] to this mesh, this objects offers you the possibility of using different texture mappings.

Nov 15, 2010 at 8:20am

If your interest is to create a particle system i would go for java-jitter so you can create a huge array of instances of a single class(in this case your particles). Then, as Beatriz says, i would use that with a combination of jit.gl.mesh and jit.gl.texture. In the case of the texturing you can try with shaders and slabs so you can modify the textures in different ways.

Nov 16, 2010 at 2:50pm

thank you for the answers. I will take a look on it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.