Forums > Jitter

Jitter & Quartz Composer

April 11, 2011 | 10:23 am

I"ve really searched the web on this but couldn"t find anything..
Is there a possibillity to prototype Shaders in QC and then export them for use in jitter? And if so, how? Sorry if this is too QC specific..
Thanks a bunch!

efe
April 11, 2011 | 5:54 pm

you can write your shaders in qc and then wrap then using the jxs files in jitter.

April 11, 2011 | 7:34 pm

Yes.. i see, using the glsl Shader object in QC and so on. BUT,
I read in another thread, that actually giving a primitive a texture in QC, and applying Light is also "making a shader". So it seemed possible to kind of export these simple things as a jxs file somehow.
Basicly it seemed like a possiblility of making a shader without learning GLSL or HLSL or other text oriented programming languages. Is there any? sorry for may laziness, but there must be a way to modularize shader creation. Especially vertex shaders would be a big help. so if anybody knows something like that you would make me really happy,
Thanks,
Woyteg

April 11, 2011 | 11:01 pm

Just learn GLSL. This shortcut will slow you down more than help you. Seriously.

efe
April 12, 2011 | 9:16 am

HLSL is not supported by jitter. As vade says it is better to read some tutorials on GLSL and learn it, something like this:

http://www.lighthouse3d.com/opengl/glsl/

quartz examples can be ported once you know how to wrap the shaders using the jxs file. Take a look how things are done with it.

April 12, 2011 | 4:13 pm

thanks Both!
Yes, i am sure it’s the best to do so, but i mainly concentrate on making music and since i am not able to code C, or openGL or glsl, i thought there could be a less time consuming solution. Like max instead of.. i dont know.. C?
:)
Thanks tough

April 12, 2011 | 7:58 pm

There’s a very high likelihood that if you share with us what you are trying to accomplish, we could help you find a solution that involves very little "code". Jitter comes with a whole mess of ready-to-use shaders (Cycling ’74/jitter-shaders, examples/jitter-examples/render/slab-helpers), and it may be that what you want to do is just a matter of sticking jit.gl.slab objects together.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)