Forums > Jitter

Jitter Runtime??

March 22, 2008 | 3:37 am

I have patches that I have made using max and jitter, is there a way I can use a runtime programme which will include all my jitter objects?

At the moment when I open my patches on my max runtime programme at home, the jitter objects I have used, such as p.window, do not show up.

Is there a runtime out there that will include and function all my jitter needs?

MIB
March 22, 2008 | 4:17 am

shouldn’t that be under File, BuildCollective/Application/PlugIn… did you check the documentation on that? I haven’t used it much, but I think it should do what you want.
Good luck.

March 22, 2008 | 4:03 pm

Try to put all sub patches and the main patch in the same folder.

March 22, 2008 | 6:05 pm

If you build a standalone application from your patch, the current version
of max/jitter will bundle a version of runtime and all the jitter objects
automatically.
>
> I have patches that I have made using max and jitter, is there a way I can
> use a runtime programme which will include all my jitter objects?
>
> At the moment when I open my patches on my max runtime programme at home,
> the jitter objects I have used, such as p.window, do not show up.
>
> Is there a runtime out there that will include and function all my jitter
> needs?
>

March 24, 2008 | 3:07 am

depending on whether you are Mac or Windows… on Mac you seem to have to add jitlib AFTER making the executable, and in the right place (not sure exactly where). Though this is with 4.5 (school hasn’t upgraded, ach…) perhaps this is fixed now. On Windows, you need to add jsextensions and jitter-shaders (if you used them)… but mainly you need cg.dll, cgGL.dll, and jitlib.dll, all at the same level as the .exe.

This was a little strange at first, especially as it’s different on mac and windows, but I think it’s not automatic so that you can trim unnecessary stuff from your exe (if you have no jitter objects).

It’s in the docs, but wasn’t totally intuitive that it didn’t do it automatically.

–CJ

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)