Jitter to iphone

Jan 12, 2011 at 3:59pm

Jitter to iphone

Maybe it’s not the right place but I think here are a lot of guys with interesting multimedia projects .

I want to play videos on a iphone when Jitter, installed on a computer, will send messages for that.

I think there are two possibilities but I didn’t find any solution yet.

1. To send wireless these movies from computer to ipod.But the problem is that these movies must be played in real time. Buffering it is not acceptable.

2. To send command via jitter to some movies that are already on iphone. I don’t know how to program in c++ for creating a new app and I don’t have any budget for that. I like to buy an app that can do that. it plays movies when receive commands via OSC.

Maybe there are other possibilities that I don’t see them in these moments.

Thank you for answers

Gobo

Jan 12, 2011 at 4:27pm

Even if you could program C++ like a boss, it wouldn’t help you, as iOS apps for iPhone/iPad/iPodTouch are programmed in ObjectiveC 2.0/OpenGL ES/…

I haven’t heard of any app, which is rather logical as I can’t see the point in making an “trigger movies via OSC app”… which is unfortunate for you.

Maybe there’s a simpler solution, making something which runs in the browser using HTML5/javascript? Or with streaming?

Jan 12, 2011 at 5:21pm

I found Idisplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cKo167NngM

I don’t what framerate it is possible.

I think you can make apps in open frameworks . You don’t need to know object C

Jan 12, 2011 at 5:48pm

That’s pretty cool :)
I heard Apple coming down on apps made in flash/OF/… or whatever else than their approved stuff… maybe they already changed their minds. Of course if you jailbreak your iphone it doesn’t matter.
But you’re right, you can also make apps in Unity e.g.

Jan 12, 2011 at 6:36pm

air display is another app. works quite well as secondary display with less lag than in the video you posted.
not sure how well it will display qt movies or jitter patches.

Jan 12, 2011 at 6:44pm

I will need just to display a jit.window with the video resolution of an Iphone

I didn’t test air display but now I read a review from macworld about this app

“If you try to watch video from your Mac with the iPad monitor, though, image quality takes a hit. It’s certainly passable, but you’ll drop some frames, and the video will generally be ever so slightly behind the audio coming from the Mac itself.”

http://www.macworld.com/appguide/app.html?id=542180&expand=false

I think these are the wi-fi limitations

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.