Forums > Jitter

Jitter to Resolume via Syphon issues…

dbm
August 26, 2013 | 6:54 am

Hello!

I’ve made a patch in Max 6.1.3 that uses a live input via catch~ to produce jitter matrixes, but I cannot make Resolume to read the data from it using the Syphon Server. Strangely enough to me, it will read for instance jit.noise without any trouble so… I’m quite lost here! Does anybody can explain why this happens?

I made a down to the basics simplification of my patch here. Thanks a lot!

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

August 28, 2013 | 6:33 am

Hi

So this works for me in Resolume, but there are two gotchas.

a) Resolume has a bug where you may need to toggle the preferences for Syphon being enabled before you ‘see’ new Syphon servers in the "Sources" panel. Go to Prefs -> Video -> toggle Syphon In and Out on and off, and then the list should pop up.

b) you arent sending an alpha, so your alpha plane is all zeros, (clear) and the compositing model that Resolume uses by default wants there to be alpha where there is color. If you add a layer below the Syphon server in Resolume, and set the layer Syphon is on to ‘Add’ or something else similar to additive, you can in fact see it with the patch you posted.

Hope that helps.

Be clear that Syphon always respects alpha, so you have to as well. Ensure both the source and destination are set up to send and receive exactly the type of image you want, make no assumptions :)

dbm
August 28, 2013 | 8:52 am

I see! Thank you very much. I’m just starting to use Resolume and didn’t know about this alpha handling. Is working fine for me now.I finally know what I have to do ;)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)