Jitter trigger latency / responsiveness

Nov 24, 2010 at 5:38am

Jitter trigger latency / responsiveness

So I’m new to jitter and I want to know how I can get jitter to respond faster? when I trigger an A/V sample there’s a small but significant delay before it actually triggers. I demonstrate the issue in this video: http://vimeo.com/17145066 password: help.

is there something along the lines of a “video buffer” object/function? similar to MSP when using samples

thanks yawl

Nov 24, 2010 at 1:06pm

Hi nickB
This happens because you are sending the “open movie” message to jit.qt.movie all the time. You need to send this message only once, to initialize the video, and then use the metro to send bangs to the jit.qt.movie. See example

In the future, please post the patch (using edit>copy compressed)

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Nov 24, 2010 at 4:40pm

thanks Beatriz,

I actually just figured this out (the “time” message). It’s been tricky though, I’m working on a patch with various samples and if I create a separate jit.qt.movie for each and send those all to my jit.pwindow (which I’m using for display in this particular project) then the window starts to flicker. What I did to solve this was create a separate file with various jit.qt.movie’s and various jit.pwindow’s and then made that a bpatcher in the original patch. Then using “offset” I navigate the bpatcher-window to the corresponding jit.pwindow when that particular sample gets triggered. Is this the best way? Is there a more efficient way of doing this?

There are a lot of files/components to this patch, so I’ve zipped them up and posted it to my site:
nickbriz.com/files/SampleKanyeSampling.zip

thanks again!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.