Jitter with integrated graphics card- setup tweaks?

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:03am

Jitter with integrated graphics card- setup tweaks?

got me a macbook intel – core2duo 2ghz, 2 megs of ram, integrated graphics card, 64 megs of shared ram. Just started diving into jitter.Yay! performance is pretty sluggish-just playing back a couple of quicktime videos.
so i looked around a bit and couldnt find much, but im guessing im not going to get good performance in jitter wth this setup. perhaps im wrong but im wondering if anyone is using jitter with a similar setup and is able to work decently in jitter – or do i need a machine with a much better video card/setup? If your using this setup does anyone have any performance tweaks, or optimization tricks within jitter? At this point im only looking to use quiktime clips, no shaders, open gl stuff yet?
Thanks!

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:09am

Hey there,

Are you talking about the new Macbook’s or the old Blackbook?

Because the older models are not really built too well for hardcore video, although the new Macbooks are.

Jitter can run ok on the old ones, but is better suitd to the newer models, if you check the graphics difference in cards you will see…

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:13am

Thanks for the super quick response. Im using an older blackbook. Not the newer, firewireless macbook…Thats what i guessed, but from your response seems like i should be able to get by with this setup if i dont push it too hard…Possibly?

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:29am

My super quick response is from trying to do super nothing, hahaha

It is a shame the new Macbooks don’t have firewire, it is a shame, but Apple are prone to dropping things like that, because they feel they are inadequate.
From what i heard they are trying to get rid of the format completely and replace it with something better. This is why i guess they took away the firewire 400 and kept the 800 one for the MacBook Pro

But dont push your Macbook too much, otherwise, it will just shut Max down. Jitter will be fine as long as you don’t try and force a 3 seater sofa through a pin head. Just more easier stuff, like video feedback and all that good jazz.

So no 3d worlds, hahaha…

Dec 15, 2008 at 11:21am

hi

i have got a similar but with only 1 gb of ram, i can get good performance from jitter if i dont have a lot of pwindows and ui displays, i use vades performance patchs
http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=122482&rid=0&S=55830045e2d6458e089d3a6b88064409. thanks vade!
i also use the photo-jpeg codec, which i think is the best.
also i tend to route video to places that i need it using wireless patch cords like this. i find it does help

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

also off loading some of the processing to a slab does help too
hope this helps

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:22pm

Quote: strimbob wrote on Mon, 15 December 2008 04:21
—————————————————-
> hi
>
> i have got a similar but with only 1 gb of ram, i can get good performance from jitter if i dont have a lot of pwindows and ui displays, i use vades performance patchs
> http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=122482&rid=0&S=55830045e2d6458e089d3a6b88064409. thanks vade!
> i also use the photo-jpeg codec, which i think is the best.
> also i tend to route video to places that i need it using wireless patch cords like this. i find it does help
>
>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

>
> also off loading some of the processing to a slab does help too
> hope this helps
>
>
>
—————————————————-

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.