Forums > MaxMSP

jweb question

March 7, 2010 | 5:50 pm

hi everybody! im prbbly not the first one to ask, and im sorry if its a noob question, but is there any easy way to input text to an open website viewed thru jweb without doing further java programing? (dont worry, im not trying to build the first max spambot;)

March 8, 2010 | 2:22 pm

nobody?

March 8, 2010 | 6:11 pm

It is meant for user interaction rather than doing things programatically, but you can always search the forum for the autobot [mxj] class which you can use to send keypresses and move the mouse. For the latter you can also use the "pupdate" message to max.

lh

March 8, 2010 | 7:58 pm

You could use [sprintf symout] with the right combination string and make a URL with values that would be auto-entered into the form fields, if the page is set up for it, like a PHP script with a GET:

http://www.yoursite.com/php?field1=your_name&field2=your_email

Something I’m interested in trying too, does anyone know if jweb would support that the same way a browser would?

EMV
March 9, 2010 | 8:19 am

I do this the way seejayjames suggests: sending variables to a webserver by putting arguments behind the url. Works fine. The other way around (from website to Max) is done by calling a javascript function that sends maxmessage:mymessage.

The whole thing is very buggy on computers (PCs) with IE6 though, because it uses those IE-activeX components to do the website rendering and processing. With IE7 or IE8 installed or on Mac it works much better.

March 9, 2010 | 12:34 pm

how exactly are you doing the javascript maxmessage:mymessage? I’d like to know how to talk in that direction too. Could be useful to interface to a running Max app from a web page… like for that online-collaborative-jam program that really should exist by now :)

also, instead of [jweb], if you want a regular browser to pop up, use a message to max:

; max launchbrowser http://……….

March 9, 2010 | 2:36 pm

You don’t need to use javascript you can do it with HTML. A link tag with the href="maxmessage:one/23456/-7.89" will send the data from the outlet where you can [route maxmessage] and then [unpack] it.

lh

March 10, 2010 | 4:31 am

wow, that really opens up a lot of possibilities. Fantastic!

March 10, 2010 | 10:01 am

The best [jweb] example I’ve seen was posted on this thread by Pelado but the attachment seems to have disappeared in the Great Forum Move of ’09 and I think I must have deleted the patch from my laptop. Perhaps ask him to re-post it. From what I remember it used a few javascript libraries and looked pretty special.

lh

September 25, 2010 | 1:23 pm

Hi!
I am searching for a way to pass variables to jweb without reloading the page.
I’m really looking forward to this beacause I’m working with google maps routes and I can’t reload the page without loosing previous routes each time.
I tried several ways but didn’t solve it yet.
Anybody knows how?

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)